No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's only Houston but Sonny Gray looks pretty damn good for Oakland.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
    "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
      Andre Ethier with the PH Home Run to send the game into extras

Comment

• Originally posted by BallerT1215 View Post
        I know it's only Houston but Sonny Gray looks pretty damn good for Oakland.
        Absolutely right on both counts.

I'm excited to see what he can do against a team like Detroit.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• This replay thing is going to be very good for the game. Managers should get thrown out less.

Comment

• Phils fired Charlie Manuel.

Questionable considering how many winning seasons he has led them on, and this is the first losing season in quite a while.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
            "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Comment

• Originally posted by BallerT1215 View Post
              Phils fired Charlie Manuel.

Questionable considering how many winning seasons he has led them on, and this is the first losing season in quite a while.
              I knew that was happening at the end of the season, surprised it happened now. I guess no reason to delay the inevitable.

They really like Sandberg, would be surprised it he wasn't kept on full-time as opposed to just interim.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• At least Sandberg is off third base now, he's the type of guy that sends Michael Martinez home when Jeff Francouer is just getting the ball.

Sigh, no real shock and Manuel has made some...questionable...decisions but then again Ruben Amaro Jr. has as well.
                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• I agree Ruben should take the hit, not Charlie. He didn't trade any of his old players which is odd.

Also Kolten Wong making his MLB debut tonight.

Is he gonna start at SS or move Carpenter to 3B & wong at 2B?

Comment

• Danny Duffy looked really good today. It's funny that they chose to pitch him against Verlander as that's the common comparison for Duffy.

Hosmer is just tearing it up today.

But...Ned Yost. You have to be trying to lose when you put Chris Getz and Jamey Carroll at leadoff.

Comment

• Amaro is seemingly soooo well-respected and highly regarded but seriously, I don't understand why. I definitely agree that he should have been on the chopping block before Charlie.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                        Amaro is seemingly soooo well-respected and highly regarded but seriously, I don't understand why. I definitely agree that he should have been on the chopping block before Charlie.
                        No he isn't.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          No he isn't.
                          Well, maybe the rest of the baseball community has finally caught on, I just remember never liking him but hearing him get a ton of praise for the last couple years.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• People have been bashing him for eons.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I don't think I've heard anything positive about Amaro from anyone who isn't completely mental.

Comment

• Wow the Rays are absolutely tanking right now

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information