No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now it is safe to say that Jim Leyland is the most overrated manager. lol.

Red Sox will crush Cardinals. 4-1 at worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
      So, you arrive during the season around the fifth inning? Classic Dodger fan lol.

Sorry Rob, couldn't pass that one up.
      Don't blame you. I'm not even a Dodger fan. To be fair, I keep up with baseball and read a crapload of fangraphs/grantland/etc....I just can't waste 3-4 hours watching game 87.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Tigers will pay half of this man's remaining salary and expect nothing in return if a team will take him off our hands.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• I remember one time experts said the Tigers were going to beat the Cardinals in 3 games in a best of 7 series. So predictions are just cute little puppies.

Comment

• Look at these quotes from Prince Fielder after the game: http://www.freep.com/article/2013102...S02/131020001/

Apathy is not a good look on you, "bro."
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Ohh Prince.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcn92 View Post
                As a Sox fan though I'm terrified of Wacha and Wainwright. They've been ridiculous thus far in the playoffs. Combined they've given up five earned runs and five walks and struck out 42. Wacha seems to be especially hot right now too.
                Wacha has looked unhittable from the starts I've seen.

...but the Tigers pitching was unhittable for much of the ALCS. It looks like we can play that game too right now. The slumping bats are really due to come alive at some point too. Just can't see a guy like Ortiz struggling throughout the entire post-season(sans the grand slam).

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  Look at these quotes from Prince Fielder after the game: http://www.freep.com/article/2013102...S02/131020001/

Apathy is not a good look on you, "bro."
                  If he played a good series and said those things nobody would care.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    If he played a good series and said those things nobody would care.
                    Sure, but this is now two postseasons with the Tigers where he has been atrocious. Sub-.200 career postseason hitter. 18 playoff games in a row without an RBI. And only two extra base hits in five lengthy playoff series since coming to Detroit. Oh, and his base running and defense each cost the Tigers at significant moments.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      On paper, they are significantly better? They both won 97 games. The Cardinals have the best starter, the hottest starter, and a bullpen that has only given up 3 runs and 2 of them by Mujica who hopefully will not see a mound again this season. Offensively, yeah I'd say the Sox prolly have the advantage. But I would not say significantly better.
                      I don't think any team is better than St. Louis

I'm so envious of that team/org. Best run team in MLB and the model franchise right now. Stacked at the major league level with a majority of their talent being home grown, a deep farm system and I'm not even sure they have a single bad contract on the books

with that said, short series anything can happen. Boston was clearly the best team in the AL all season, but I think the Cards have more talent. That bullpen is wicked. Getting Craig back will be huge for the Cards. Dude's an RBI machine and is ridiculous with RISP

Comment

Sure, but this is now two postseasons with the Tigers where he has been atrocious. Sub-.200 career postseason hitter. 18 playoff games in a row without an RBI. And only two extra base hits in five lengthy playoff series since coming to Detroit. Oh, and his base running and defense each cost the Tigers at significant moments.
                        I'm not saying anything about that, I'm just saying that his quotes, by themselves, are no big deal at all.

It's just that he's sucked and he's fat, so people are going to tag him as lazy. Maybe he is lazy, but basically saying that he's not going to sit around and cry because they lost is no indication of that. Most pro players have that attitude.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Tigers will pay half of this man's remaining salary and expect nothing in return if a team will take him off our hands.

Halos will take him off your hands...but only after a few more years. Gotta wait until he's on the wrong side of 30 before they take that **** on

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                Let me guess. Jerry Dipito's look after starring at these numbers?

Albert Pujols
                                Contract: 10 yr/$250,000,000
                                FA: 2021

Josh Hamilton
                                Contract: 5 yr/$125,000,000
                                FA: 2018

3rd place finish in the AL West.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information