No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point there's no need to make fun of the Halos. They are like Miley Cyrus. You just stay out of the way and let them make fools of themselves

now with that said, Texas has really **** the bed the last few years so come on now. It's hard not to look at what they've done the past 3-4 years and come away thinking that they've really blown it, and in quite spectacular fashion to.

these past 3 years were some pretty rough endings for Texas. Choking the WS twice in game 6, blowing that 5 game lead with 9 games left and promptly losing the play-in WC game, and then this year they did the same thing. HAd the best record in the AL when September started, faltered again, blew a division lead and lost the play-in WC game again

they should have canned Ron Washington by now. He's been holding that team back. Dude sucks

Comment

• Hey D-Unit, Nelson Cruz in the world series. Suck it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Hey Brody, remember when the Tigers were supposed to sweep the Cards? Hey D, remember game 6 in 11? Ahhhh I love kicking people when they are down.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          The Rockies weren't a good team, though. Both they and the D-Backs were young, inexperienced teams that got to where they were from inexplicably lucky runs.

The Red Sox are, on paper, significantly better than the Cardinals. But that's why you play the game. The Red Sox had been benefiting from the rest difference so far this post-season (though it did nothing for them in Game 1 of the ALCS).
          I disagree about Colorado. They were a quality team that season. They were top five in runs, hits, average, OPS, and OBP in the majors. Matt Holliday was a legit MVP candidate and barely lost to Jimmy Rollins. They made the least amount of errors of any team that season in the majors as well that season, their defense was incredible. And while their pitching was average, it was above average throughout the regular season when they were playing away from Coors field.

I also don't agree that the Red Sox are significantly better on paper. Wacha has been pitching just as well as Verlander if not better and Wainwright has been pitching better than Scherzer. And their bullpen is clearly better than Detroit's and was more solid than the Sox in the NLCS. The bullpen only gave up three runs the entire NLCS and Martinez, Choate, and Rosenthal seem to be a dominant bullpen lineup to close out a game. Breslow hasn't allowed a run but has been shaky walking a lot of guys, Tazawa has been shaky as well and almost blew game five. Cardinals pitching had better stats in their Championship Series than the Red Sox. Less walks, more strikeouts, a better WHIP, a better ERA. Their hitting stats weren't as good as the Sox because their pitcher hits, but this is not a team I would say the Sox are significantly better than.
          Last edited by Jcn92; 10-21-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Leyland stepping down as Tigers manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
              Leyland stepping down as Tigers manager.
              I am OK with this.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Oh, and Miguel Cabrera was playing with a torn groin for two months, so there's that ...
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I can't hate Leyland, he was a cool dude and he didn't do anything to hurt us really. I'm glad he was here. Now if we hire Dusty Baker...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'm mostly excited to get rid on Leyland's post game interviews. I've never heard a less intelligent sounding voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      I can't hate Leyland, he was a cool dude and he didn't do anything to hurt us really. I'm glad he was here. Now if we hire Dusty Baker...
                      Oh god yes.

Let it happen.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Halos trade MIKE SCIOSCIA to Tigers for Drew Smyly

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                          Halos trade MIKE SCIOSCIA to Tigers for Drew Smyly
                          We'll trade you Prince Fielder and Gene Lamont for Josh Hamilton and Mike Scioscia.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                            I'm mostly excited to get rid on Leyland's post game interviews. I've never heard a less intelligent sounding voice.
                            His voice and manner of speech isn't what bothered most people. It was his appearance. All post-game interviews included him slunk back in his chair, often feet on the desk and always, without fail, stuffing his face with food.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              We'll trade you Prince Fielder and Gene Lamont for Josh Hamilton and Mike Scioscia.
                              Hell yes to this just to get rid of Hamilton. I despise watching his AB's. I think he has alzheimers

plus, Halos need more black players

Comment

• Leyland was a good manager and man. Sad to see him go. But he was 68 years old and as he said, "it was time to go." Reminded me a lot of his BFF LaRussa cuz he said he knew in September he was gonna be done except his team didn't go on to win it all.

BTW, I had a Nationals-Angels World Series with the Angels winning it at the begining of the season. Well done Yoda...well done....

And my heart says Cardinals in 5. My head tells me Red Sox in 7. But **** my head, I am going with the heart! And I don't really like picking teams to clinch the series on the road, and thats why I have the Cards in 5 not cuz I think the Cards are so much better than the Red Sox.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information