MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Hey D-Unit, Nelson Cruz in the world series. Suck it.
    Wouldn't have been there without him in the first place.

Still I have fond memories of the chance they had. Better than seeing them not make it all. This year's collapse was frustrating as hell.

But they have a better chance of continuing to compete than the Halos who blew their wad and have nothing to show for it. At least the Rangers spend their money wisely.

I just wish they traded Profar while his stock was high. Have no clue why you love him so much. Hopefully he pulls a Martin Perez and proves me wrong by ending up being a positive contributor.

Next year will be better with Neftali Feliz back.

Comment

• Maybe this is only of interest to Tigers fans, but this is an excellent column and exploration of Detroit's Prince Fielder problem:

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...ave_dombr.html

Read it to see his less-than-endearing post-Game 6 comments if nothing else.
      Last edited by Xiomera; 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Angels sign Mark Mulder to a minor league deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
          Angels sign Mark Mulder to a minor league deal.
          I was hoping he'd go to the Giants with Zito & Hudson.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
            I was hoping he'd go to the Giants with Zito & Hudson.
            That would have been awesome!! He'll be back at ESPN by April though.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              That would have been awesome!! He'll be back at ESPN by April though.
              I dunno. It sounds like he's really found something with his new delivery. I don't expect him to be great, but I can see him making it back to MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                I dunno. It sounds like he's really found something with his new delivery. I don't expect him to be great, but I can see him making it back to MLB.
                Has anyone had a 5 year gap between pitching and make it back to the majors?
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Has anyone had a 5 year gap between pitching and make it back to the majors?
                  Satchel Paige had 12 years between appearances. Mostly as a publicity stunt, but still.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                    Satchel Paige had 12 years between appearances. Mostly as a publicity stunt, but still.
                    Hmm ok well at least there was an answer. I like Mulder so I hope it works out but I just don't see it.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Hmm ok well at least there was an answer. I like Mulder so I hope it works out but I just don't see it.
                      He only threw 3 innings but only allowed 1 hit and struck some one out at the age of 59.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I'd say best case scenario is he can maybe become a LOOGY out of the pen but he seems like he wants to start

doubt he can hold up or be quality enough to start for a major league team anymore. Still, no risk and a nice story to follow during spring

Comment

• New home plate collision rules to be implemented in 2015

- A runner attempting to score may not deviate from his direct pathway to the plate in order to initiate contact with the catcher (or other player covering home plate). If, in the judgment of the Umpire, a runner attempting to score initiates contact with the catcher (or other player covering home plate) in such a manner, the Umpire shall declare the runner out (even if the player covering home plate loses possession of the ball).

- Unless the catcher is in possession of the ball, the catcher cannot block the pathway of the runner as he is attempting to score. If, in the judgment of the Umpire, the catcher, without possession of the ball, blocks the pathway of the runner, the Umpire shall call or signal the runner safe.
                          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...sion-rule.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                            New home plate collision rules to be implemented in 2015

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...sion-rule.html
                            Good rule. Screw the purists.

Comment

• Finally, they shouldn't allow it at all imo but this is the 1st step forward

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                Finally, they shouldn't allow it at all imo but this is the 1st step forward
                                I am on the opposite side. I am fine with the rule as it is but I don't want to get rid of the collisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information