No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I clearly don't understand baseball but how in the hell do the Giants not start Bumgarner in game 7 of the World Series? Is there some rule that prevents it? It seems absurd otherwise to not start the hottest pitcher in like ever...

I mean that would be like benching LeBron or Peyton Manning as an equivalent.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Lol. Yeah you don't understand baseball.

Seriously though. He threw 118 pitches on Sunday. Usually need 4 days rest to recover.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
        Lol. Yeah you don't understand baseball.

Seriously though. He threw 118 pitches on Sunday. Usually need 4 days rest to recover.
        I'm standing by that is like not playing LeBron because game 6 went to overtime or something though. When he is that much better, let him set it up through the first 5 innings at least. The guy has been unhittable. Surely 3 days rest is enough, I mean baseball is hardly a tough sport.

I am happily ignorant to baseball though, so yeah...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• That Panik & Crawford DP was so clutch and impressive by both parts. Hosmer is an idiot for sliding though.

Another impressive DP. Salvy??? What was that?

Comment

• Well, if he could have pitched more frequently, then the series would have been over much earlier.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I am scared shitless right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                I'm standing by that is like not playing LeBron because game 6 went to overtime or something though. When he is that much better, let him set it up through the first 5 innings at least. The guy has been unhittable. Surely 3 days rest is enough, I mean baseball is hardly a tough sport.

You wouldn't believe the torque that throwing a Baseball puts on a Pitchers arm. While the sport isn't that physically taxing as a whole pitchers blow out their arms on a constant basis. I'm sure that the Giants don't want to win and have Bumgardner out for a whole season. Plus he still might pitch in this game, just not start.

Comment

I clearly don't understand baseball but how in the hell do the Giants not start Bumgarner in game 7 of the World Series? Is there some rule that prevents it? It seems absurd otherwise to not start the hottest pitcher in like ever...

I mean that would be like benching LeBron or Peyton Manning as an equivalent.
                  I think Koufax won a three hit shut out in 1965 on two days rest. Pitched at home in game 5 and on the road in game 7. Like Bumgarner's situation.

But these are different times. As much as I wanted Bumgarner to start in a do or die game it wasn't going to happen. Even though Madison said he could do it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Close, close game. At least the Giants showed up tonight.

Comment

• WOW. Madison is on fire. Might build a statue of him in SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        I think Koufax won a three hit shut out in 1965 on two days rest. Pitched at home in game 5 and on the road in game 7. Like Bumgarner's situation.

But these are different times. As much as I wanted Bumgarner to start in a do or die game it wasn't going to happen. Even though Madison said he could do it.
                        And now he is in from the 5th innings, so will go for the 5 innings I suggested anyway...

Basically they are going to pitch him anyway so the whole rest thing goes out the window as a reason and they've effectively spotted KC 2 runs that quite probably wouldn't have happened if they just started him.

Again... I'm Jon Snow on this **** but it just seems so illogical as a decision making process. Again, like bringing Bron in on off the bench for game 7!

Go Giants?

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

You wouldn't take out Peyton Manning in the 4th quarter, either. Pitching is not comparable to actions in other sports.

Comment

And now he is in from the 5th innings, so will go for the 5 innings I suggested anyway...

Basically they are going to pitch him anyway so the whole rest thing goes out the window as a reason and they've effectively spotted KC 2 runs that quite probably wouldn't have happened if they just started him.

Again... I'm Jon Snow on this **** but it just seems so illogical as a decision making process. Again, like bringing Bron in on off the bench for game 7!

Go Giants?
                            Well it's different though. He threw over 100 pitches on Sunday. It's a delicate decision. Would have probably had a better start than Hudson though.

Comment

• For some reason rapper E 40 has been behind the plate with great frontal seats. And someone the lats two days has sat next to him wearing a Marlin's jacket.

Comment

• Starting him would have been a huge mistake. They didn't know how well he would pitch. If he starts and just doesn't have it, you're screwed. If he comes out of the pen and sucks, it isn't as big a deal because you only need a few innings of relief opposed to 7 or 8.

And if you don't think baseball is taxing, go throw a baseball full throttle 100 times. A few days later, do the same thing. Tell us how your arms feels.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                                Bortlezzzzzzz
                                Originally posted by Monomach
                                Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information