No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goons already destroying SF in the Mission district.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• For all the good Sal does, it's ******* frustrating to watch him at the plate.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
        For all the good Sal does, it's ******* frustrating to watch him at the plate.
        He'll get better with age and less time behind the plate per year. He was completely worn out by the end of the year from over-usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          2014:
          Gonzalez: .276/.335/.482
          Puig: .296/.382/.480

2013:
          Gonzalez: .293/.342/.461
          Puig: .316/.391/.534

PLAYOFFS 2014:
          Puig: .250/.357/.417
          Gonzalez: .188/.235/.375

Please, enlighten me how Gonzalez is better than Puig at the plate. Please, I beg of you. Try to put forth an argument with a remote merit, because it doesn't ******* exist.
          Bring in the numbers in certain counts, with the game on the line, how many ****** abs Puig has compared to A-Gon. You realize using 2013 to back Puig is stupid right? He played half the year, his numbers should be better with how hot he started. A-Gon is a more consistent hitter, period. Puig was horrid in the playoffs.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
            Bring in the numbers in certain counts, with the game on the line, how many ****** abs Puig has compared to A-Gon. You realize using 2013 to back Puig is stupid right? He played half the year, his numbers should be better with how hot he started. A-Gon is a more consistent hitter, period. Puig was horrid in the playoffs.
            I literally just grabbed the playoffs stats that showed he was better...are you blind?

Puig gets so much unnecessary flack from Dodgers fans, man. I'd be delighted to have him if all you are going to do is waste him and then ***** about him for not being Barry Bonds in his prime.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I literally just grabbed the playoffs stats that showed he was better...are you blind?

Puig gets so much unnecessary flack from Dodgers fans, man. I'd be delighted to have him if all you are going to do is waste him and then ***** about him for not being Barry Bonds in his prime.
              I ******* love Puig, I would have had him in he line up but he's not our best hitter. Plain and simple, he looked like a whipped ******* dog in the playoffs. He made contact with the ball like what? Twice? He was going up their just waving at balls.

Stop going off the ******* numbers all the time and use your ******* eyes.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• That's what numbers are, they represent what is actually going on in the field. Offensive baseball stats cover absolutely everything, you cannot ignore numbers in baseball. There isn't a way around this. Gonzo played like ******* **** in the playoffs too, but he didn't get benched because he didn't strike out a few extra times. Whoopie ******* doo.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

That's what numbers are, they represent what is actually going on in the field. Offensive baseball stats cover absolutely everything, you cannot ignore numbers in baseball. There isn't a way around this. Gonzo played like ******* **** in the playoffs too, but he didn't get benched because he didn't strike out a few extra times. Whoopie ******* doo.
                  He struck out 12 of 13 at bats. He was mind ******, Mattingly did what he felt was best. At the time it may have been, he was screwed. You could still count on A-Gon to at least have a quality ab because he is a very good hitter.

But then again I'm also arguing with the guy who doesn't believe in a sac bunt with guys one 1st and second and staying out of the double play, so idk why I bother sometimes.

Comment

• Posey/Bumgarner 9-0 in postseason series + 1 wildcard game win.

Boom.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Oh gawd. City has gone to ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                        Two things:

First, is it accepted or suspected that most players use adderall during games?

Second, did anyone else think it was possible Alex Gordon could have scored on that single and two errors?

Is he slow? I thought he was athletic?

He's not slow. When whoever fielded it in left bobbled it I thought he was getting home for sure. Then they showed him running between 2nd and 3rd and it looked like he was moving in slow motion for some reason. Ran out of gas? I don't know. It was weird.

Anyways, I was cheering for KC but I can't even be mad. Bumgarner put on the best postseason pitching performance of my lifetime. Respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          Oh gawd. City has gone to ****.
                          WS parade on Halloween is gonna be fun

Comment

• Also, laughed so hard during this. How on earth did this guy get this job with public speaking skills like this

Lol at Bud Selig's reaction

"It has technology and stuff"

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                              Also, laughed so hard during this. How on earth did this guy get this job with public speaking skills like this

Lol at Bud Selig's reaction

"It has technology and stuff"

Saw that live, good god that was painfully awkward. You know you're going to be on live TV, do a few test runs for ***** sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                WS parade on Halloween is gonna be fun
                                Yeah. Me and my buddy already made plans. Gonna get there early. Have to if we want a good spot. Looks like it might rain too.

Anyways, this might be the best Halloween in San Francisco. There are already a lot of folks partying in the city when Halloween falls on a Friday or Saturday. This year it's on a Friday and the Giants just won the series with the parade that day. Folks gonna be getting buckwild.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information