Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's flying back in tomorrow haha

we're gonna stay at a friends APT thursday night

also cool to see Barry Bonds was out celebrating with the fans at ATT Park tonight
    Last edited by BloodBrother; 10-30-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Also, congrats to Dan Uggla on the well deserved WS ring!

Had 0 hits in his career with the Giants

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        He struck out 12 of 13 at bats. He was mind ******, Mattingly did what he felt was best. At the time it may have been, he was screwed. You could still count on A-Gon to at least have a quality ab because he is a very good hitter.

But then again I'm also arguing with the guy who doesn't believe in a sac bunt with guys one 1st and second and staying out of the double play, so idk why I bother sometimes.
        Eh? Puig had 8 strikeouts in the series, where the hell is that 12 number coming from? Nice excuse for Adrian sucking and having far worse patience than Puig though..."he'll give you a quality at bat." He might not have near the patience of Puig and he might be the slowest guy in baseball, but if you need a pop fly, that man will give it to you.

And because bunting is incredibly stupid with good hitters up...it's pretty much common sense.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• MadBum is one sexy guy.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            MadBum is one sexy guy.
            I always remember how much you loved him in the minors.

3 rings. 5 dominant WS appearances. He's only 25 years old.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• So I am intrigued, who are everyone's top teams of the 2000's.

I feel like you have to put the Giants, Cards and Sox there but what are the order and who else is up there?

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                Also, laughed so hard during this. How on earth did this guy get this job with public speaking skills like this

Lol at Bud Selig's reaction

"It has technology and stuff"
                For a second there i thought you were talking about Bud.

Comment

• Clearly none of you would do my research for me, so I did two things here.

1) Found a cumulative war - actual wins graph from 2013:

2) Made my own for 2014 (used Fangraphs WAR, which I'm not entire happy about because of FIP for pitching). I should also mention I used a constant of 52 for replacement wins. I couldn't actually find the 2014 #, but it hardly matters since its a constant.

Do teams that are on the end of both lists have poor managers? Make your own assumptions.

Comment

• As good as Maddon he still probably only give the Cubs an extra 2 or 3 wins. Managers in baseball are supremely overrated.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      As good as Maddon he still probably only give the Cubs an extra 2 or 3 wins. Managers in baseball are supremely overrated.
                      Well, you're probably right. I think Maddon, Showalter, Francona and MAYBE Bochy are the only guys I'd consider giving you 2 extra wins. Hell, Ned Yost and his stupidity was 1 game away from being a WS Champ.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Eh? Puig had 8 strikeouts in the series, where the hell is that 12 number coming from? Nice excuse for Adrian sucking and having far worse patience than Puig though..."he'll give you a quality at bat." He might not have near the patience of Puig and he might be the slowest guy in baseball, but if you need a pop fly, that man will give it to you.

And because bunting is incredibly stupid with good hitters up...it's pretty much common sense.
                        I apologize that's My bad, 7 consecutive. Which is terrible and still proves he was mind ******.

And yes, let's not bunt with no one out with guys on first and second to not only stay out of the double play in crucial situations, but it also only requires the next guy to hit a ground ball to the right side or a fly ball to score instead of a base hit.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                          #CubsIn2015

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• They open up as anywhere between 33-1 and 45-1 odds to win the Series. Take Back to the Future's advice and you'll be rich.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                            Bortlezzzzzzz
                            Originally posted by Monomach
                            Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• I'm calling it now that it will 100% be a Cubs/Mets NLCS.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If Chicago does well and gets far you know that you will see signs that say "put some money on the cubbies!"

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information