MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I'm calling it now that it will 100% be a Cubs/Mets NLCS.
    I'll put stock in the Mets when they have a pitcher whose arm isn't blown out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
      Clearly none of you would do my research for me, so I did two things here.

1) Found a cumulative war - actual wins graph from 2013:

2) Made my own for 2014 (used Fangraphs WAR, which I'm not entire happy about because of FIP for pitching). I should also mention I used a constant of 52 for replacement wins. I couldn't actually find the 2014 #, but it hardly matters since its a constant.

Do teams that are on the end of both lists have poor managers? Make your own assumptions.
      Replacement Wins is 48. FanGraphs and BBRef have agreed on that constant. FWIW, in 2013 total wins was about 95% of total WAR. I haven't looked at what it is for 2014.

fWAR actually does seem to be a little more accurate than rWAR when used for the purpose of looking at teams as a whole, from what I've seen.
      Last edited by nepg; 10-30-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
        Huh? Wheeler, deGrom, Syndergaard, Montero, Matz.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Cubs officially fire Renteria, complete with probably the most glowing recommendation a fired employee may ever receive:

Comment

• They did him dirty, though I'm sure they didn't expect Maddon to be available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
              They did him dirty, though I'm sure they didn't expect Maddon to be available.
              One has to wonder how many harddrives crashed in Chicago this week. And an IT guy would have to wonder why they're checking harddrives when it's all on the exchange server.

Comment

• I've been thinking that I'd like to see the Royals trade Holland/Davis and reinvest the money saved in Andrew Miller. With Hochevar possibly coming back, Miller, Hochevar, Herrera, Holland/Davis is 5-7 innings of nothingness.

Comment

• Brewers acquire Adam Lind for Marco Estrada

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Brewers acquire Adam Lind for Marco Estrada
                    So I don't have to watch Lyle Overbay and Mark Reynolds next year??

JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      Brewers acquire Adam Lind for Marco Estrada
                      Great trade for the Blue Jays. Also helps they just claimed Justin Smoak

Comment

I've been thinking that I'd like to see the Royals trade Holland/Davis and reinvest the money saved in Andrew Miller.

This made me laugh. I do agree they need a strong LHRP. But at the price of those two guys. They could get a better haul coming off the seasons they both had. What they should do is get someone like Glen Perkins or better if the want a LHP

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                          Great trade for the Blue Jays. Also helps they just claimed Justin Smoak
                          I think it's a win for both teams.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I will never put stock in the Mets.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Marlon Byrd + significant cash to Reds for Ben Lively. Phillies AA rotation could be the Phillies rotation in 2 years. Nola-Windle-Eflin-Biddle-Lively.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Byrd should have some fun in Great American.

Small Pittsburgh sports blogger says Pirates seriously considering some offers for Pedro and would move Walker to first. Grain of salt, but he told us about AJ resigning days before anyone else.
                                Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 12-31-2014, 07:08 PM.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information