MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    Byrd should have some fun in Great American.

Small Pittsburgh sports blogger says Pirates seriously considering some offers for Pedro and would move Walker to first. Grain of salt, but he told us about AJ resigning days before anyone else.
    Who is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
      Who is this?
      Smythe is the twitter. Not really sure about him, but Chris Mueller basically worships any rumor he posts. He had Narduzzi scope a little early too, but that was probably just him willing to post it before it was official.

Obviously nothing on this would happen until Kang signs. I've said it all offseason, I cannot imagine Pedro as our opening day 1B, esspecially without a solid platoon option to fall back on at least. I'd love a real gage of what Pedro would actually be worth in a trade.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz
        D'Backs swept by the mighty Phillies
        Damnit, just when I was thoroughly enjoying the worst team in the league moniker!

Undefeated since Franco came up, savior!

Originally posted by CJSchneider
        Lance Lynn needs to do me a solid so I can beat Grizz in our Fantasy League this week.
        My team is terrrrrrrribad. I'm gonna go from undefeated last year to defeated this year, quite the triumph.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The A's won a one run game for just the 2nd time this season with their horrible bullpen somehow pitching almost 5 scoreless innings. Un-*******-believable.

Comment

• Wellington Castillo traded to Seattle.

Originally posted by SolidGold
            Bortlezzzzzzz
            Originally posted by Monomach
            Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
              Wellington Castillo traded to Seattle.
              Was only a matter of time. Unfortunately didn't put up great numbers in extremely limited time, so who knows what they get but probably won't be much.

Gotta think they aren't getting a major leaguer in return, so I wonder who will take his place. Probably Junior Lake unless someone is activated from the DL.

Comment

• What the **** happened to Cishek ? He's terribad this year

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  Was only a matter of time. Unfortunately didn't put up great numbers in extremely limited time, so who knows what they get but probably won't be much.

Gotta think they aren't getting a major leaguer in return, so I wonder who will take his place. Probably Junior Lake unless someone is activated from the DL.
                  Yoervis Medina. Got to be honest, I've never heard of him. Looking at his numbers, he looks to be a decent young reliever.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                  Bortlezzzzzzz
                  Originally posted by Monomach
                  Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by Wootylicous View Post
                    What the **** happened to Cishek ? He's terribad this year
                    Fastball had lost a lot of velocity and his slider was crap also. Probably hurt..
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• "Mechanical issues" that he supposedly fixed before his last loss. Barely playing early because of no save opportunities probably didn't help.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                        Yoervis Medina. Got to be honest, I've never heard of him. Looking at his numbers, he looks to be a decent young reliever.
                        Just saw that as well and all I know is what I've briefly read. Pretty good arm with control issues, and is reporting to AAA to start. So all in all can't say I'm upset and just glad they didn't get a junk reliever who has to stay up.

In other news, Baez is hitting .296 through 19 games so far in Iowa. Still 20 Ks in 71 ABs, but it's a little improvement from his 1 in 3 K rate from last season. Pretty soon he'll only be striking out a quarter of the time!
                        Last edited by iowatreat54; 05-19-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• They need to trade Baez for something because he really has no future on the IF for the cubs. And it looks like there set with Bryant, Castro, & Russell.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                            They need to trade Baez for something because he really has no future on the IF for the cubs. And it looks like there set with Bryant, Castro, & Russell.
                            Absolutely. The only other option is if they plan to unload Castro at some point, plug in Russell at short, and play Baez at 2nd. Obviously that appears to be a worse option at the moment. They've already said they don't plan to play Baez anywhere but the infield, specifically short or 2nd.

Depending where they are later in the summer they might try to unload him for a proven corner OF.

Comment

• Joe Mauer with a bases clearing single. Don't know if I've seen that before.

Comment

• This game is so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information