No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Frank Catalanotto is hitting clean up today.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      Yeah I didn't really mean they're like Nationals bad, but this team just looks weak. Lester not having his **** together hurts, but the back end of the rotation sucks and the bullpen hasn't been good either.

I also am not particularly fond of Varitek, Ortiz, Scuatro, Beltre, Cameron, and some others. It seems like we don't go for the big names anymore, so it's just sort of frustrating to see them struggle with some of these guys in the lineup.

I don't follow baseball super close, so I don't know what FA options were like this off-season, but I find it hard to believe that we couldn't upgrade defensively at catcher or do better than Scutaro and Beltre.
      Beltre and Cameron were one year defensive upgrades. Give it some time.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It appears as if Ike Davis will soon begin his assault of the major leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          It appears as if Ike Davis will soon begin his assault of the major leagues.
          If by assault you mean six years of mediocrity then I totally agree.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            If by assault you mean six years of mediocrity then I totally agree.

Hey. He's going to hit some home runs and stuff.

Comment

• Mets should trade for Kila Ka'auihe. Just saying.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Davis is more than mediocre. I don't know why everyone is hating on him. He has a bad short season ball and ever since then he's hit everywhere. He's still improving also against lefties and cutting down his strikeouts. Haters gonna hate I guess.
                Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 04-18-2010, 05:18 PM.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Davis is more than mediocre. I don't know why everyone is hating on him. He has a bad short season ball and ever since then he's hit everywhere. He's still improving also against lefties and cutting down his strikeouts. Haters gonna heat I guess.
                  I'm not a big fan of heating myself.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I'm not a big fan of heating myself.
                    Haha only if Job gets your blood flowing.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Two world series titles in less than 7 years as well as a strong farm system and a talented major league team, with only one truly bad signing (Lugo).
                      Is it that strong of a system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Is it that strong of a system?
                        It's Top 10 and has produced a number of good to great players at this point.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It's Top 10 and has produced a number of good to great players at this point.
                          Great players? Pedroia and Hanley who they obviously traded.

Seemed to me a lot of their hype is based upon the projectability of Westmoreland and Kelly. Which I was never sold on Westmoreland being this great prospect yet anyway and now since his terrible brain thing, he can barely be considered a prospect at all anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Great players? Pedroia and Hanley who they obviously traded.
                            Lester, Papelbon, Ellsbury.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Lester, Papelbon, Ellsbury.
                              Forgot Lester. Ellsbury is not great. He's not even that much better than average. I always hated that he was considered a top 20 prospect and got all this hype when people questioned if Gardner could be a major leaguer at all. They are basically the same player. Ellsbury better, but not nearly as big of a difference as many would make you seem.

Comment

• Zito with another great performance. So happy he is playing like he should be. Hopefully our bullpen can get Manny out here and save up the game

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information