MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Forgot Lester. Ellsbury is not great. He's not even that much better than average. I always hated that he was considered a top 20 prospect and got all this hype when people questioned if Gardner could be a major leaguer at all. They are basically the same player. Ellsbury better, but not nearly as big of a difference as many would make you seem.
    I said good to great players. Not everyone is going to be a superstar. Ellsbury is a slightly better hitter than Gardner but I do agree with you that Ellsbury got way too much hype.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Way to jinx the giants lol

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Manny Ramirez Pinch Hit 2 Run Homerun Dodger lead by 1 going into the 9th & we got Jonathan Broxton the big right hander trying to convert his 1st save opp this year

Broxton gets the save Dodger win the game & the series!
        Last edited by KCJ58; 04-18-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• With Heyward in the bigs, I havent been paying as close attention to the minors. Wow, Braves top guys are bombing big time. Freddie Freeman is off to a horrible start, Cody Johnson has struck out 20 times in 9 games, Minor and Spruill got rocked in each of their two starts, Milligan is striking out every other at bat. Wow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I hate Manny

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              With Heyward in the bigs, I havent been paying as close attention to the minors. Wow, Braves top guys are bombing big time. Freddie Freeman is off to a horrible start, Cody Johnson has struck out 20 times in 9 games, Minor and Spruill got rocked in each of their two starts, Milligan is striking out every other at bat. Wow.
              It's April goddammit.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Stanton has 3 HRs and a .521 OBP. :)

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Too bad for Zito. He pitched amazing today. Good win for the phags. But it was pretty embarrasing to watch the Dodger fans play with beachballs and do the wave all game long. They missed a tremendous pitcher's duel.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Did I mention that I called Barry Zito being awesome for the remainder of his contract last year? DID I BORAT?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      It's April goddammit.
                      True, but you'd expect a good start from at least one them. And Cody Johnson will probably strike out 200+ times. Guy makes Frenchy look Pujols when it comes to plate discipline.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Looks like the Mike Jacobs Error is over and the Ike Davis Era will soon begin in Queens...

Indications from the New York media are that the Mets will soon promote touted first base prospect Ike Davis.

In order to replenish their gassed bullpen -- fresh off a 20-inning victory over St. Louis on Saturday that necessitated use of nine different pitchers -- the Mets designated Mike Jacobs for assignment Sunday and promoted reliever Tobi Stoner. New York could have simply optioned Jacobs to Triple-A, but instead opted to DFA him, which opened a spot on the 40-man roster, leading to rampant speculation that the open spot would soon be filled by Davis. Manager Jerry Manuel only fueled the speculation when he said a position player would likely be promoted when the relief unit was back to full strength. When asked about Davis specifically, Manuel said: "I would rather hold that off until we make a decision." The 24-year-old Davis is hitting .357 with a pair of home runs in nine games for Triple-A Buffalo

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                          Stanton has 3 HRs and a .521 OBP. :)
                          Up soon?

Why was the LF playing so deep against Heyward? He had no shot to get Conrad because of it and there were two outs... what else was he going to hit besides an other-way shot to LF....?
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                            Up soon?

Why was the LF playing so deep against Heyward? He had no shot to get Conrad because of it and there were two outs... what else was he going to hit besides an other-way shot to LF....?
                            He has slapped a couple of HRs to LF.
                            http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7529251

It is bad positioning. He should be 15 feet in and 15 feet to the line.

Comment

• Remember when everyone was freaking out about Jason Heyward's plate discipline because he had 8 K's in his first 17 AB's? Yeah, well now his OBP is sitting at a disappointing .423.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                Remember when everyone was freaking out about Jason Heyward's plate discipline because he had 8 K's in his first 17 AB's? Yeah, well now his OBP is sitting at a disappointing .423.
                                Daric Barton laughs at that terrible OBP.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information