No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Morgan just said he likes GMJ because he's a great defensive outfielder and although he doesn't always get hits, looks good at the plate and gets big hits. This is terrible. Two days of national broadcast is brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
      Remember when everyone was freaking out about Jason Heyward's plate discipline because he had 8 K's in his first 17 AB's? Yeah, well now his OBP is sitting at a disappointing .423.
      He's still no Jeff Francoeur.

I don't know what has gotten into him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
        He's still no Jeff Francoeur.

I don't know what has gotten into him.

Probably the same thing that made Emilio Bonifacio good for 2 weeks last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
          Yeah I didn't really mean they're like Nationals bad, but this team just looks weak. Lester not having his **** together hurts, but the back end of the rotation sucks and the bullpen hasn't been good either.

I also am not particularly fond of Varitek, Ortiz, Scuatro, Beltre, Cameron, and some others. It seems like we don't go for the big names anymore, so it's just sort of frustrating to see them struggle with some of these guys in the lineup.

I don't follow baseball super close, so I don't know what FA options were like this off-season, but I find it hard to believe that we couldn't upgrade defensively at catcher or do better than Scutaro and Beltre.
          I think that we will be fine this season. I just hope we don't get too before behind before everything clicks. Right now, it's just been a bit of bad luck. The biggest problem is the offense, but everyone on the offense is hitting well. The problem is, the hitting with runners on and in scoring position has been terrible. Here are some of the numbers with runners in scoring position:

Ellsbury - .000 (career .305)
          Pedroia - .222 (career .290)
          Youkilis - .167 (career .343)
          Martinez - .167 (career .310)
          Drew - .167 (career .279)

The guys aren't going to hit like that the whole season. They are going to all end up closer to their career averages than their current ones. When that happens, we'll score more runs and win more games. The only guys not hitting at all are Ortiz and Drew, which hurts because they are in the middle of the lineup. Eventually something will happen with Ortiz (he'll either turn it on or get dropped in the lineup) and that will help as well.

I also don't see your issue with the new guys (Scutaro, Beltre, and Cameron). All three are arguably top five at their position defensively and Cameron and Scutaro are playing pretty well offensively (.360+ OBP for both).

I'm also not going to panic about the rotation. Lackey has been great, Beckett has been his usual self, and Buchholz has been great outside of that 1st inning yesterday (1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K vs 9 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K). Lester will eventually figure things out and if he doesn't pitch like a #1 or #2 he'll end up with the numbers of a good #3. The #5 spot is a concern, but I'll wait until I see what Dice-K does.

This team will get back on track. The only issue for me is that I hope the Yankees and Rays don't build up too big of a lead before the Sox figure things out. We have Beckett and Lackey both going in this series against the Rangers, so hopefully we can grab at least 2 of 3.

Comment

• Waino for CY.

Comment

• The Final Score's slow-motion replay of Manny Ramirez spitting out a wad of chew just as he looked up to see his HR leave the yard was the highlight of my night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                The Final Score's slow-motion replay of Manny Ramirez spitting out a wad of chew just as he looked up to see his HR leave the yard was the highlight of my night.
                Manny being Manny! Go Dodgers!

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Rays just 4 game swept the Red Sox. Upton Homered again.

I'm happy!

Comment

• The Red Sox suck. It is glorious. I have always rooted for the Rays despite being a Yankee fan so I am hoping both them and the Yanks come out of the East.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Ike Davis officially called up. He'll finish 2nd to Heyward in the NLROY vote.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Mets fans: any new info about when Beltran may be back? My fantasy lineup needs a shot in the arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          Mets fans: any new info about when Beltran may be back? My fantasy lineup needs a shot in the arm.
                          Ehh you're better off making a trade. I don't think he'll be back till June at least.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I can afford to wait, my team is fine.........him coming back will be a nice boost tho.

Just made a pretty amazing trade today. Bought low on Verlander and got him for Burnett.

Comment

• It'd be pretty damn awesome if Ike Davis could be really good.

Comment

• Is there any reason why the Mets are wearing #42 today?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information