No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly Lou Pinella announced that once Lilly comes back Zambrano will move to the bullpen.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/366963...s-player_news/
    Last edited by dabears10; 04-21-2010, 04:59 PM.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      Supposedly Lou Pinella announced that once Lilly comes back Zambrano will move to the bullpen.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/366963...s-player_news/
      Pinella is a ******* idiot.

Cubs are almost as pathetic as the Mets.

Comment

• Wait. So they move Zambrano to the bullpen and leave Carlos Silva and Tom Gorzellany in the rotation?

ChicagLOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Wait. So they move Zambrano to the bullpen and leave Carlos Silva and Tom Gorzellany in the rotation?

ChicagLOL.
          I guess I'd be upset if I had any belief that this year they could be in contention for anything. That said its possible that the bullpen may suck less now that they have a 2nd guy with above average stuff.

Comment

• Sure, Zambrano is not off to the best of starts but moving him to the pen is just dumb. He still is the best SP they have. I guess Lou is just giving up on the season.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• McCutchen has 2 SBs already.

Comment

• Attaboy JD!

good thing we're at home

Comment

• Dioner Navarro's season OPS is .384.

Comment

• Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, & Manny Ramirez are the ****

is there a better hitting OFielding trio than that in the majors? i'd like to know

Comment

• Chase Utley with a sick defensive play to get the Phillies out of a jam.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        Chase Utley with a sick defensive play to get the Phillies out of a jam.
                        First Victorino, then Utley, and now Howard to get the first out of the ninth.

Comment

• Originally posted by rascal View Post
                          Pinella is a ******* idiot.

Cubs are almost as pathetic as the Mets.
                          Hard to say. The Mets are getting dominated by Carlos Silva right now.

I have to think this is short term move with Zambrano. It could give them a temporary shot in the arm. The Cubs starting pitching hasn't been the problem. They've all been pretty good with the exception of Z. And with Lilly coming back, someone had to be bumped. I think Z is probably their third best SP right now, but he certainly hasn't been pitching like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Hard to say. The Mets are getting dominated by Carlos Silva right now.

I have to think this is short term move with Zambrano. It could give them a temporary shot in the arm. The Cubs starting pitching hasn't been the problem. They've all been pretty good with the exception of Z. And with Lilly coming back, someone had to be bumped. I think Z is probably their third best SP right now, but he certainly hasn't been pitching like it.
                            Even Z has been pitching pretty decently, with the obvious exception of the season opener, it just doesn't make a lot sense not to put Gorzelanny in the pen.

Comment

• Matt Kemp is the **** that is all

Comment

• 15 straight scoreless for Liriano.. very nice
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information