MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Then why would they stack the Mets early in the season so they can't use them later?
    It's a coincidence. The games that are scheduled now for later in the season will be most likely be changed anyway. There are Sunday games against the Dodgers and Phillies in August and September that are still TBD. They change games around all the time.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Who cares.

In (slightly) more important news, the Padres have won 8 of their last 9 games. How does this happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        It's a coincidence. The games that are scheduled now for later in the season will be most likely be changed anyway. There are Sunday games against the Dodgers and Phillies in August and September that are still TBD. They change games around all the time.
        I know they change games. But there is sitll a maximum amount of times you can play on Sunday night a given season. I'm not suprised in the least the Mets are being used early . Why save potential games for them in the second half of the seaosn? Kind of like how the Steelers aren't on primetime in until week 7. Is that a coincidence too? The leagues have reasons for how and when they use the teams for nationally televised games.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Who cares.

In (slightly) more important news, the Padres have won 8 of their last 9 games. How does this happen?
          Because any team can get on a hot streak. They started off really hot last year too. How'd that work out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I know they change games. But there is sitll a maximum amount of times you can play on Sunday night a given season. I'm not suprised in the least the Mets are being used early . Why save potential games for them in the second half of the seaosn? Kind of like how the Steelers aren't on primetime in until week 7. Is that a coincidence too? The leagues have reasons for how and when they use the teams for nationally televised games.
            Football and baseball are totally different. The ratings from a Sunday night football game blow baseball out of the water. ESPN sunday night baseball doesn't even come close to NBC sunday night football. If you think there's a conspiracy here that's cool but it really doesn't matter much. I'd rather get the ESPN sunday games out of the way considering how bad their broadcasts are.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wow 5 years $125 million for Howard.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Who cares.

I don't know, but of course the one loss comes when Clayton Richard started.

More importantly, Tyler Colvin is going to be ridiculously sexy. (Right now he's only moderately sexy)

Comment

Wow 5 years $125 million for Howard.
                  That is a hell of a lot of money. He's a key piece to our core however but the only thing that I don't like about this deal is that it just about spells the end of Jayson Werth in Philly. My dreams of a Dominic Brown, Shane Victorino, Jayson Werth outfield have been all but crushed at this point.

Comment

• Miguel Cabrera looks like a bargain now.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Pujols and Prince are licking their chops also.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Don't forget Gonzo.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Pujols and Prince are licking their chops also.
                          Pujols would have to make about 35 million a year to have fair value compared to the Howard deal. If/when the Red Sox come around and get Adrian Gonzalez from the Padres and lock him down like I think they will, those two guys better be ready for a hometown discount.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Pujols would have to make about 35 million a year to have fair value compared to the Howard deal. If/when the Red Sox come around and get Adrian Gonzalez from the Padres and lock him down like I think they will, those two guys better be ready for a hometown discount.
                            I think Prince is as good as gone. Pujols I just can't see ever leaving St. Louis. I'd like to think he'll take a big hometown discount to stay there.

Comment

Wow 5 years $125 million for Howard.
                              Signing a 30+ year old 1B with old man skills to what averages 25 mil a year?

I don't buy him breaking 5 WAR ever again, and I have trouble believing the HRs will stay plentiful enough to make a .360 OBP last year look good.

This isn't going to end well unless its extremely frontloaded.
                              Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• 7-0 Brewers after 3.

God I love playing the Pirates.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information