No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically, what they said. His BABIP is too high to sustain for an entire season.

Albert Pujols career BABIP Chart compared to league average for reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Jackson's BABIP will probably balance out around .380 aka David Wright territory, so it's not that big of a worry.
      True. Jackson is a gap hitter. He's not going to hit a lot out of the park or pop a ton in the air. His BABIP will likely stay well above league average.

Comment

• Mark Teahen with a costly error. Allows Borbon to score and the runner to advance to second in what has been a pitchers duel thus far, although still early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          True. Jackson is a gap hitter. He's not going to hit a lot out of the park or pop a ton in the air. His BABIP will likely stay well above league average.
          Here's a chart from 06-09 he has a pretty steady BABIP it seems.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• But isn't there such a thing as a gap hitter? Its not always on "accident" if you will..

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
              But isn't there such a thing as a gap hitter? Its not always on "accident" if you will..
              Which is what they're saying. .490 is incredibly high and he'll settle down to about .380 which is still good but not good enough to keep up this rapid pace he's set.

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                But isn't there such a thing as a gap hitter? Its not always on "accident" if you will..
                Well everyone has there own average they usually will settle around. There will be gaps in the season where he will get 'lucky' or 'unlucky'. Where he is at right now is abnormally high even for a 'gap' hitter, but it shouldn't drop as much as others may.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I see. Nonetheless, he's having a better year than anyone expected.

Comment

• He's still a great defender, so even if he struggles with the bat it's not like he'll be an albatross.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I wasn't saying Jackson is going to turn into a monster at the plate just that he'll see some regression. He'll still have an above average BABIP based on his career averages but .491 is just insane.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        He's still a great defender, so even if he struggles with the bat it's not like he'll be an albatross.
                        I wasn't a fan of the Granderson trade when it happened. A week into the season I was a huge fan of it, and now I'm leaning back to how I originally felt.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the Granderson trade when it happened. A week into the season I was a huge fan of it, and now I'm leaning back to how I originally felt.
                          So you're saying depending on how Granderson and Jackson play decides whether you like the trade or not? Shocker.

Granderson got off to a hot start and has since cooled off. He's a streaky home run hitter. There was a reason that Jackson was so highly regarded and he's showing every bit of potential he has right now. He'll cool off over time, though. The funny thing is, though, that Granderson isn't hitting that much worse than he did last year, he just hasn't gone on a HR tear.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            So you're saying depending on how Granderson and Jackson play decides whether you like the trade or not? Shocker.

Granderson got off to a hot start and has since cooled off. He's a streaky home run hitter. There was a reason that Jackson was so highly regarded and he's showing every bit of potential he has right now. He'll cool off over time, though. The funny thing is, though, that Granderson isn't hitting that much worse than he did last year, he just hasn't gone on a HR tear.
                            Well I didn't like the trade at first. So ultimately I will go back to that. The only time I really considered I liked it is when Granderson beat the Sox. But overall I always thought Jackson would be a comparable player to Granderson. Might as well have just keep him (along with Coke and Kennedy) and save money to buy Werth next year. Haha. I just don't think the trade was neccesary.

Comment

• He just Smoaked one.

Comment

Might as well have just keep him (along with Coke and Kennedy) and save money to buy Werth next year.
                                I will cry the length of the contract if Werth goes to New York.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information