No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He can come to Cincinnati if he hates the spotlight.
    We could go 162-0 and ESPN would spend 30 seconds on us at the end of Baseball Tonight then spend the next 59 minutes and 30 seconds discussing their wet dreams over Halladay and ARod.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
      I'm pretty sure he's already said he won't ever play for the Yankees. He doesn't like the spotlight at all.
      Greinke will be a Tiger in 2013 and win 25 games.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Greinke will be a part of the Red Sox if I had to guess.

2013 Red Sox:
        - Youkilis
        - Pedroia
        - Lester
        - Ellsbury
        - Adrian Gonzalez
        - Greinke

If they play their cards right.

He might not like the spotlight now but once he gets thrown tens of millions of dollars to go to a contender, his tone will change.

Comment

• Why exactly mention Ellsbury with the rest?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Greinke will be a part of the Red Sox if I had to guess.

2013 Red Sox:
            - Youkilis
            - Pedroia
            - Lester
            - Ellsbury
            - Adrian Gonzalez
            - Greinke

If they play their cards right.

He might not like the spotlight now but once he gets thrown tens of millions of dollars to go to a contender, his tone will change.
            no way. Greinke is going to be a mid to low market team player. I don't think he could handle it mentally to go to Boston, New York, Philly, LA etc.

in other news the Red Sox suck. ugh

Comment

• Carp has struggled this season and is still 4-0 with a 2.84 ERA and could easily be 5-0 if the bullpen didn't screw things up in Arizona.

Big series coming up with the Phillies. Cant wait to see "Hi-Me" vs that offense.

Comment

• Red Sox fans.. would you guys be open to a Wilson Ramos for Daniel Bard+ mid level prospect swap?
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Why exactly mention Ellsbury with the rest?
                  You're right, he's in a tier of his own, far above the rest of those guys.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Red Sox fans.. would you guys be open to a Wilson Ramos for Daniel Bard+ mid level prospect swap?
                    Tough question to really answer. I hate watching Varitek and Martinez behind the plate because teams give everyone the green light to run against them and Ramos has a good history of throwing out base stealers. However, I don't think Varitek and Martinez's inability to throw out base runners is the sole reason teams run wild on the Red Sox. The Red Sox team philosophy of focusing on hitters and not paying the proper amount of attention to baserunners / having pitchers who are slow to home plate will still make steals a problem regardless of who is behind the plate.

The thought of trading Bard for catching help probably makes a lot of sense, but I can't help but feel if you take Bard out of the pen the pen becomes weaker so in essence you'd address one weakness by creating another.

In a honest moment, I have a gut feeling that with the Yankees and Rays in the division that this season's best realistic result is 3rd place w/ a winning record and contending for the wild card. So I would almost prefer for the Red Sox to look to stand pat this season, ride out the struggles, and look to get back to WS contending status heading into the 2011 season when there has been a proper amount of time to see what the team has in their own system and what needs to be augmented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Why exactly mention Ellsbury with the rest?
                      I assume he'll be under contract then and he's part of their core. Why shouldn't I? Is there a sabr stat that makes it wrong to mention him with the others that I'm missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        I assume he'll be under contract then and he's part of their core. Why shouldn't I? Is there a sabr stat that makes it wrong to mention him with the others that I'm missing?
                        My guess is Brodeur will point out a middling OBP coupled with terrible defensive metrics in CF which are both valid criticisms of Ellsbury. Regardless, I would agree that he will still be a part of the team at that point.

Comment

• So, huge trade proposed to me in fantasy.

I would give Andre Ethier and Dan Haren for Chase Utley and Justin Duscherer.

Thoughts? My current 2B is Kendrick.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            So, huge trade proposed to me in fantasy.

Duke just got hurt, hip injury. Could be serious although I haven't heard how long he'll be out yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              So, huge trade proposed to me in fantasy.

I wouldn't do it off the top of my head.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I wouldn't do it off the top of my head.
                                My reaction also, Chase is so damn tempting tho.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information