MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djp View Post
    Red Sox fans.. would you guys be open to a Wilson Ramos for Daniel Bard+ mid level prospect swap?
    I would think you'd be the one throwing in another mid level prospect, not the Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      I assume he'll be under contract then and he's part of their core. Why shouldn't I? Is there a sabr stat that makes it wrong to mention him with the others that I'm missing?
      He's not very good...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        I would think you'd be the one throwing in another mid level prospect, not the Sox.
        Relievers = not that important

Catchers = very important

Great catcher prospects that can play great defense that would be going to a team that needs defense from said position = even more important
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• A part of me died today as Cutch got hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
            Relievers = not that important

Catchers = very important

Great catcher prospects that can play great defense that would be going to a team that needs defense from said position = even more important
            Well Bard isn't your typical reliever. He was quite the prosepct himself and would be the closer on your team as well as quite a few others.

Comment

• I think Wright will surpass his HR total from last year.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• With all due respect, Moyer can go **** himself. Retire already. You're too old for this ****. There's a total 6 mph between his fastball and change up. It's basically batting practice.

Comment

With all due respect, Moyer can go **** himself. Retire already. You're too old for this ****. There's a total 6 mph between his fastball and change up. It's basically batting practice.
                  I can't stand Maine throwing 89/90 so I would absolutely be pissed if I had a pitcher throw as soft as him.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    I can't stand Maine throwing 89/90 so I would absolutely be pissed if I had a pitcher throw as soft as him.
                    76/82. I hold my breath every pitch.

What's going on with Santana?

Comment

• Livan is having a good year so far and his fastball is like 79 MPH.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

His one problem has always been solo HR's. CBP plus your lineup doesn't help that very much. Hopefully we keep pouring it on Moyer though.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          His one problem has always been solo HR's. CBP plus your lineup doesn't help that very much. Hopefully we keep pouring it on Moyer though.
                          The warm weather makes it that much easier to carry the ball out as well.

I miss Jimmy Rollins...

Comment

Johan's not as good as he used to be. Shhh, keep it quite, other Mets fans think me saying that is sacrilege.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              Johan's not as good as he used to be. Shhh, keep it quite, other Mets fans think me saying that is sacrilege.
                              No, I agree. But that was still a good trade.

BTW, neither one of those HRs that he given up were bad pitches. High Fastball and changeup away. And I'm not sure either would be HRs in Citi.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                                No, I agree. But that was still a good trade.

BTW, neither one of those HRs that he given up were bad pitches. High Fastball and changeup away. And I'm not sure either would be HRs in Citi.
                                Polanco hits high fastballs rather well and it was a questionable pitch on 0-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information