Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Brodeur what the hell are you talking about. Everyone and everything I ever saw about Prior said he had perfect mechanics. Where did you come up with that that?
    Prior had the inverted w, so that's not entirely true.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
      Prior had the inverted w, so that's not entirely true.
      Coming out of college and in the minors can you show me anywhere that said his mechanics would be a problem?
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
        I have heard this argument about Prior, but never about Wood.
        This is still one of my happiest moments as a Cubs fan.

        Wood has the Inverted L, Prior has the Inverted W.


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Brodeur what the hell are you talking about. Everyone and everything I ever saw about Prior said he had perfect mechanics. Where did you come up with that that?
          http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...Mechanics.html

          Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

          Comment


          • 2007 was after the fact.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • This was the best article I found on Prior. It makes sense from what I remember and then what happened. Actually a great article.

              http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-prior031109
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internetz.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internetz.
                  Good thing Sabean didn't listen.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • And I'm with you GF. I clearly remember everyone touting Prior's mechanics as being rock solid. It's why I was pretty shocked when he had continuous arm issues. It's also why I no longer put any stock in what people believe to be "sound mechanics."
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Borat. I 100% think his problems were from workload more than mechanics.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, forget the inverted W, Prior had the inverted Dusty. Death sentence.

                        Hey, isn't an inverted W just a regular M?
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Wood has the Inverted L, Prior has the Inverted W.
                          Which is why I worry about Ubaldo, although it's not a true inverted L, it's still a herky jerky unnecessary strain on the forearm/elbow when he cocks the pitch behind him to try and hide it more.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                            Yeah, forget the inverted W, Prior had the inverted Dusty. Death sentence.

                            Hey, isn't an inverted W just a regular M?
                            how did you make the upside down W?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              And I'm with you GF. I clearly remember everyone touting Prior's mechanics as being rock solid. It's why I was pretty shocked when he had continuous arm issues. It's also why I no longer put any stock in what people believe to be "sound mechanics."
                              When Prior came into the league everyone started to copy those mechanics, House always called them the "Equal opposites" many people who have studied mechanics have came to the conclusion that they may have lead to his injuries, like previous posters said.

                              Thing that is interesting to me is if you look at pictures of Strasburg and Prior they look very very similar.



                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                              Comment


                              • fenikz, you hit alt+f4
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information