Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is Andruw Jones back or what?

Comment

• So someone in my league dropped Berkman. I want to pick him up, but who should I drop: Quentin or Ibanez?

Also need a pitcher to fill in while Jurrjens is on the DL. Guys I'm considering:

Millwood
      Kennedy
      Gio Gonzalez
      Pavano
      Leake
      Silva (lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
        So someone in my league dropped Berkman. I want to pick him up, but who should I drop: Quentin or Ibanez?

Also need a pitcher to fill in while Jurrjens is on the DL. Guys I'm considering:

Millwood
        Kennedy
        Gio Gonzalez
        Pavano
        Leake
        Silva (lol)
        Grab Berkman, drop Ibanez over Quentin. And pick up Kennedy (unless you need more K's).
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• So I just made a trade that looks like this:

I get:
          Mark Texiara
          Ervin Santana

They get:
          Austin Jackson
          Mariano Rivera
          Kevin Gregg

I figure Austin Jackson won't keep his pace, Gregg is a sell high guy and Rivera was somewhat expendable since I've already got Papelbon and Huston Street coming off of the DL relatively soon, I've also got Matt Lidstrom who is good. And in return I get a great first baseman and a decent pitcher. Good deal? I'm banking on Teixeira picking it up.

Good or bad?

Comment

• I feel bad for Mariners fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              So I just made a trade that looks like this:

I get:
              Mark Texiara
              Ervin Santana

They get:
              Austin Jackson
              Mariano Rivera
              Kevin Gregg

I figure Austin Jackson won't keep his pace, Gregg is a sell high guy and Rivera was somewhat expendable since I've already got Papelbon and Huston Street coming off of the DL relatively soon, I've also got Matt Lidstrom who is good. And in return I get a great first baseman and a decent pitcher. Good deal? I'm banking on Teixeira picking it up.

Good or bad?
              Well played, sir. Big Tex is a notoriously slow starter.

Comment

• Terrible move from Jack Z for even bringing Bradley in.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  So is Andruw Jones back or what?
                  I would say so. Obviously his defense will never be what it once was, but I think at the end of the year he could end up around .275, 30 HR, and 90 RBI. Which that is a typical Jones type season.

That brings me to something else though. I looked up his stats, and he is just 3 homers short of 400. Say he keeps playing for the next 4-5 years and gets to 500. The 500 HR Club has always locked in someone to Cooperstown. Does Jones get in if he does?

Comment

• 500 HR isn't what it used to be.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      500 HR isn't what it used to be.
                      Although true, it may still be a benchmark in HOF consideration for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Although true, it may still be a benchmark in HOF consideration for years to come.
                        Hasn't helped McGwire. I know a lot of people thought Jones has been doing something illegal which might have some truth considering his huge drop off before this year.
                        Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 05-06-2010, 12:35 PM.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                          I would say so. Obviously his defense will never be what it once was, but I think at the end of the year he could end up around .275, 30 HR, and 90 RBI. Which that is a typical Jones type season.

That brings me to something else though. I looked up his stats, and he is just 3 homers short of 400. Say he keeps playing for the next 4-5 years and gets to 500. The 500 HR Club has always locked in someone to Cooperstown. Does Jones get in if he does?
                          I would think Jones will eventually get in the hall regardless of reaching 500 or not given 400+ home runs most likely, coupled with quite a collection of gold gloves. The somewhat poor BA and OBP might cause some to raise questions, but for quite for a few years he was one of the better hitting CFs and was an outstanding defender.

Comment

• ^Yea I was pretty much about to say this. He was awful in LA but back in the day he was one of the best complete CFs in the league.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Kila Ka'aihue has been called up. Sorry if posted already.

Comment

• Albert Pujols has been silenced this series.

3-15, R, BB

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information