MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
    try being a Royals fans THEN try to complain.we only have the draft and Hillman's firing to look forward to
    Try being a Pirate fan. But, I love those guys.

Comment

• Man I wish I was there to see that perfect game from Braden, my grandma was, and for those of you who don't know who he is, he is actually a really good young pitcher in the young pitching staff of the Athletics. Braden doesn't have overpowering stuff (his fast ball tops out around 91 mph) but he has very good control on his slider, cutter and breaking ball, he has an amazing screw ball that he doesn't use much because it caused an injury and an utterly fantastic change-up. That rotation might rival Zito, Harden and Hudson (perhaps even toss in Haren?) after Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, Dallas Braden and Brett Anderson develop and if I'm not mistaken they have a couple other good prospects like Tyson Ross, Vin Mazzaro and Pedro Figueroa along with a top notch young closer in Andrew Bailey. There is no shortage of good young pitching in the Athletics organization.

Also since all you A's fans are here now, any idea when Chris Carter and Michael Taylor might be called up? Any updates on Grant Green and Jemile Weeks?
      Last edited by Thumper; 05-09-2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Also since all you A's fans are here now, any idea when Chris Carter and Michael Taylor might be called up? Any updates on Grant Green and Jemile Weeks?
        Carter and Taylor could be up this season, not sure when. Probably depends on how well the A's are playing and how well Carter/Taylor are performing. They are slumping a little in AAA right now and I doubt we'd call them up this early anyway. Weeks is playing well in AA while Green is in A ball so we won't see him for a while.

Comment

• Sigh...still waitig for Pujols to light it up. Has not had a HR in like 13 games and is not getting any RBI's. Molina is carrying the team on his back right now, that and good pitching
          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
            Carter and Taylor could be up this season, not sure when. Probably depends on how well the A's are playing and how well Carter/Taylor are performing. They are slumping a little in AAA right now and I doubt we'd call them up this early anyway. Weeks is playing well in AA while Green is in A ball so we won't see him for a while.
            Weeks actually just re-injured his hip a few days ago. He is constantly hurting himself lunging for 1st base.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
              Sigh...still waitig for Pujols to light it up. Has not had a HR in like 13 games and is not getting any RBI's. Molina is carrying the team on his back right now, that and good pitching
              David Freese is a stud.

Comment

• No one was expecting Dallas Braden to punk out A-rod that hard.

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...98#post2168698

Comment

• pimping your thread lol
                    ;)

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                      pimping your thread lol
                      ;)

No, I just posted the link because the draft is coming up and noone has to make a thread because I did.

Oh, and the Pirates are going to beat the Reds again tonight. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        No, I just posted the link because the draft is coming up and noone has to make a thread because I did.

Oh, and the Pirates are going to beat the Reds again tonight. :D
                        why do you expect us to just give them to you again?

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• So....Beckett and Javier Vazquez just got dropped in my league. Should I drop Tim Hudson or Trevor Hoffman for one of them?
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Dontrelle Willis has to miss a start because of the flu for the second time this season.

Tonight's nationally televised game between Detroit and New York on ESPN will feature a heavyweight pitching matchup between Brad Thomas and Sergio Mitre.

Wheeeeeeeeee!
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              So....Beckett and Javier Vazquez just got dropped in my league. Should I drop Tim Hudson or Trevor Hoffman for one of them?
                              I would take the chance on Beckett just due to the fact that hes too good to be bad for the whole season lol

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                                Dontrelle Willis has to miss a start because of the flu for the second time this season.

Tonight's nationally televised game between Detroit and New York on ESPN will feature a heavyweight pitching matchup between Brad Thomas and Sergio Mitre.

Wheeeeeeeeee!
                                What do you think we should set the over/under on totals run at? 16.5?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information