MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
    Does anyone think Casey McGehee can sustain his current play? I drafted him late in my fantasy draft and right now he's my starting 3B. What should I expect from in the future?
    Last year everyone said that his success was just luck and he'd fall sooner rather than later. Well that never happened so they started saying he'd go back to a below average player this year. Again hasn't happened and he's actually been even better.

He's looking good at the plate doing it too. He's getting good at bats and looks very comfortable. He hasn't even been streaky either. McGehee has gotten a hit in all but 6 games this season. Currently he's been the best offensive third baseman in the league. He might not stay quite that high, but he should be top 7 or so in MLB.

Comment

• only good thing I have going for KC right now is we're in great posistion to land the 1st overall pick

Comment

• Is that really a good thing? Dishing out millions to a player who may or may not ever pan out to anything relevant? The MLB Draft is the biggest crapshoot of the major sports. By far.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
          Is that really a good thing? Dishing out millions to a player who may or may not ever pan out to anything relevant? The MLB Draft is the biggest crapshoot of the major sports. By far.
          yeah but the on field product is nothing to brag about right now

Comment

• That is true. I'm hearing that there are a lot of young arms on their way + Moustakas is finally starting to produce. Combine them with Billy Butler, and there is some reason for hope long term.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I like Billy Butler, but I think he's so ridiculously overrated by some people that it kind of puts me off him. He is absolutely not a franchise piece, he should be a solid secondary piece when Mous and so forth develop.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Butler would be a #5 hitter on a contender. He is a good hitter for average and power. Nothing wrong with the guy really. He isn't a centerpiece, but he's a good protector, and he produces with RISP. I'd be happy with him as my DH. Not ecstatic, but happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  I like Billy Butler, but I think he's so ridiculously overrated by some people that it kind of puts me off him. He is absolutely not a franchise piece, he should be a solid secondary piece when Mous and so forth develop.
                  His ceiling(IMO) is probably .310/.380/.490 with 35ish homers. Not bad, but he's not going to be carrying any teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                    His ceiling(IMO) is probably .310/.380/.490 with 35ish homers. Not bad, but he's not going to be carrying any teams.
                    If he ever hits more than 28 homers, I will **** bricks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Billy Butler will break out in 2011 with 35+HR

at least I hoped, I loved Billy Butler as a prospect and a hitter

as for hitters coming around how about Andre Ethier

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        If he ever hits more than 28 homers, I will **** bricks.
                        Yeah. 35 is probably the absolute ceiling, but I guess I'm a little bit more optimistic he'll take up juicing than you are.

Comment

• Moose and Hosmer are tearing up the minors right now.Moose could be up next year heck he could be in triple A by year's end.and Mike Montgomery...remember the name

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            Moose and Hosmer are tearing up the minors right now.Moose could be up next year heck he could be in triple A by year's end.and Mike Montgomery...remember the name
                            T-RICH49 circa 2006-2007:

Gordon and Butler are tearing up the minors right now.Gordon could be up next year heck he could be in triple A by year's end.and Luke Hochevar...remember that name

Comment

• So, I just had 2 trades proposed to me that I find really odd.

Background on my team: I'm middle of the road in all stats except tops in ERA, last in Ks. I have Votto at first, with Glaus backing him up. My starting OF is Soriano, Milledge, and Francoeur...yea. My starting pitching is Halladay...my 2nd best pitcher (Happ) is on the DL, so by default Jamie Moyer is 2nd. Also, it's an NL only keeper league and Holds is a stat.

So remembering all that, here's the 2 trades (from the same person):

I give: Roy Halladay, Alfonso Soriano
                              I get: Ryan Howard, Ryan Ludwick, Randy Wolfe, Carlos Silva
                              OR
                              I give: Roy Halladay, Hisanori Takahashi
                              I get: Ryan Howard, Randy Wolfe

Obviously he wants Halladay and is willing to give up Howard (he has Pujols and Ike Davis). I really want to unload Soriano while his stock is high. But why would I give up the only pitcher I have that gets Ws, Ks, and keeps my ERA low, while taking on a 3rd 1B, an OF no better than what I have, and crappy starters that will also drag my ERA up and not give me Ks.

Sorry it's long, and no one cares. But if anyone is bored like me and feels like sharing any insight...

Comment

• Miguel Cabrera is having a monster season. He is scared of Brennan Boesch taking his spot in the line up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information