No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man that O's game was pretty ******* awesome.
    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
    Just let it go RWO.
    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
      Man that O's game was pretty ******* awesome.
      Just watching that highlight I had a little tear in my eye haha. What an uplifting win.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        So, I just had 2 trades proposed to me that I find really odd.

Background on my team: I'm middle of the road in all stats except tops in ERA, last in Ks. I have Votto at first, with Glaus backing him up. My starting OF is Soriano, Milledge, and Francoeur...yea. My starting pitching is Halladay...my 2nd best pitcher (Happ) is on the DL, so by default Jamie Moyer is 2nd. Also, it's an NL only keeper league and Holds is a stat.

So remembering all that, here's the 2 trades (from the same person):

I give: Roy Halladay, Alfonso Soriano
        I get: Ryan Howard, Ryan Ludwick, Randy Wolfe, Carlos Silva
        OR
        I give: Roy Halladay, Hisanori Takahashi
        I get: Ryan Howard, Randy Wolfe

Obviously he wants Halladay and is willing to give up Howard (he has Pujols and Ike Davis). I really want to unload Soriano while his stock is high. But why would I give up the only pitcher I have that gets Ws, Ks, and keeps my ERA low, while taking on a 3rd 1B, an OF no better than what I have, and crappy starters that will also drag my ERA up and not give me Ks.

Sorry it's long, and no one cares. But if anyone is bored like me and feels like sharing any insight...
        I care goddammit. Both deals suck though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Poor Grady Sizemore. I hope he can bounce back soon.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            So, I just had 2 trades proposed to me that I find really odd.

Background on my team: I'm middle of the road in all stats except tops in ERA, last in Ks. I have Votto at first, with Glaus backing him up. My starting OF is Soriano, Milledge, and Francoeur...yea. My starting pitching is Halladay...my 2nd best pitcher (Happ) is on the DL, so by default Jamie Moyer is 2nd. Also, it's an NL only keeper league and Holds is a stat.

So remembering all that, here's the 2 trades (from the same person):

I give: Roy Halladay, Alfonso Soriano
            I get: Ryan Howard, Ryan Ludwick, Randy Wolfe, Carlos Silva
            OR
            I give: Roy Halladay, Hisanori Takahashi
            I get: Ryan Howard, Randy Wolfe

Obviously he wants Halladay and is willing to give up Howard (he has Pujols and Ike Davis). I really want to unload Soriano while his stock is high. But why would I give up the only pitcher I have that gets Ws, Ks, and keeps my ERA low, while taking on a 3rd 1B, an OF no better than what I have, and crappy starters that will also drag my ERA up and not give me Ks.

Sorry it's long, and no one cares. But if anyone is bored like me and feels like sharing any insight...
            Why in gods name would you give up Halladay for anything other than a Pujols ransom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I care goddammit. Both deals suck though.
              That's what I think. I don't wanna give up Halladay like at all, and especially not for crap. Plus, even though Howard is good, I have Votto, who is godly, and Glaus, who might be ok but can also play 3B for me. Why would I want another 1B?

I just wanted other opinions to see if I was missing something. I do, however, really want to try and trade him Soriano for Aramis Ramirez. That would be awesome.

Comment

• You know what is a rare occurrence these days? An Albert Pujols homerun
                Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Bud Norris is 0-4 this season with an ERA of 9.59 this season against the rest of the league........Against the Cardinals he's 2-0 with a 0.76 ERA.

Lets take that farther, in 4 career starts against the Cardinals, Bud freaking Norris is 4-0 26.0 IP, 1 ER, 25 Ks and a whopping ERA of 0.38, he freaking has 7 career wins and a 7.24 career ERA

The legend of Bud Norris continues.

Comment

• Cardinals need to get their heads on straight. Each game its one guy hitting well the others sucking. Tired of a good day from molina, then holiday then apu
                    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                      Cardinals need to get their heads on straight. Each game its one guy hitting well the others sucking. Tired of a good day from molina, then holiday then apu
                      Man, I wished my team had great starting pitching and above average hitting. It's 6 weeks into the season. They'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        T-RICH49 circa 2006-2007:
                        hey in my defense how was I suppose to know Gordon was a colassial bust.and Montgomery is 1 trillion times better then Hochevar was/is

Comment

• Tigers take 3 of 4 from the Yanks. Cabrera and Boesch hit back to back homers in the 4th inning.

Comment

• Trey Hillman FIRED!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• T-Rich should be happy Trey Hillman was just fired.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• They hired Ned Yost, so it isn't exactly going to get better.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information