Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    They hired Ned Yost, so it isn't exactly going to get better.
    This is true but I didn't know the replacement when I posted that.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      They hired Ned Yost, so it isn't exactly going to get better.
      it can't get worse then Trey Hillman

      Comment


      • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        it can't get worse then Trey Hillman
        I thought the same thing about Willie Randolph. Let me tell you it got a hell of a lot worse.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Until the Royals are able to build their farm system up so that it's providing sustained stud prospects to replace veterans who are leaving post arbitration, the situation in KC is bleak. There is a nice stable coming up so far, but they can't afford to miss on these top draft picks year after year.



          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

          Comment


          • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            it can't get worse then Trey Hillman
            Trey Hillman is really really terrible, but just wait until you get to Ned Yost.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • When a manager is dealing with substandard talent because of poor drafting and development caused by cheap ownership, no one has a real chance to succeed. Over the long term, talent wins. Less talent = fewer wins. Fewer wins = no job security. Give Hillman an MLB average roster and see what happens. Not saying he'll win in that scenario, but at least it's fair.



              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                When a manager is dealing with substandard talent because of poor drafting and development caused by cheap ownership, no one has a real chance to succeed. Over the long term, talent wins. Less talent = fewer wins. Fewer wins = no job security. Give Hillman an MLB average roster and see what happens. Not saying he'll win in that scenario, but at least it's fair.
                I'd say having a godawful GM like Dayton Moore is much more crippling than a poor manager, since I believe unless the manager is exceptionally bad (see: Jerry Manuel), they don't have that much of an effect on the game.


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Moore came into a farm system and talent pool that was essentially bare in 2006. It takes years to build a farm system. I would say that KC is in better shape now than they were 4-5 years ago. I would also say that Moore has about 3 seasons left before his job is in jeopardy. If his farm doesn't start producing some stars, he's cooked.



                  I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    Moore came into a farm system and talent pool that was essentially bare in 2006. It takes years to build a farm system. I would say that KC is in better shape now than they were 4-5 years ago. I would also say that Moore has about 3 seasons left before his job is in jeopardy. If his farm doesn't start producing some stars, he's cooked.
                    He's done an absolutely atrocious job at building the main roster, so I don't care what team he was given 4 years ago.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • What kind of payroll has he been working with? What kind of tools did he have to work with in terms of trade bait using the farm? Exactly.



                      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        They hired Ned Yost, so it isn't exactly going to get better.
                        Ned Yost is a darn good manager and I mean it


                        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          What kind of payroll has he been working with? What kind of tools did he have to work with in terms of trade bait using the farm? Exactly.
                          Andrew Friedman took over in the same timeframe, when their best prospects at the time were Delmon/Niemann/Hammel/Brignac/Dukes, which, while far better than what the Royals had, isn't exactly a bunch of superstars.

                          Comment


                          • One thing i have never understood why are people like Bobby Cox not looked more down upon? How is it ok to get in the face of the umpires? It is just plain stupid an will not accomplish anthing. On a similar note baseball also gets a big pass on bench clearing brawls.
                            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

                            Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                              One thing i have never understood why are people like Bobby Cox not looked more down upon? How is it ok to get in the face of the umpires? It is just plain stupid an will not accomplish anthing. On a similar note baseball also gets a big pass on bench clearing brawls.
                              Managers argue with umpires to motivate the team, influence calls for the rest of a game/series, and I'm sure there are other reasons.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                Ned Yost is a darn good manager and I mean it
                                .................

                                Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                                What kind of payroll has he been working with? What kind of tools did he have to work with in terms of trade bait using the farm? Exactly.
                                Jose Guillen, Kyle Farnsworth, Rick Ankiel, Yuniesky Betancourt, Howell for Gathright, Leo Nunez for Mike Jacobs (and the subsequent playing of Jacobs over Kila for the entire season), Tony Pena being on the team for that long....


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information