No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with F-Mart is he was sold as a CF. That's not the case anymore. And for a corner OFer, he hasn't shown much power at all except for last year which was another injury shortended year for him.

All that and you guys pushed him too fast which you do with most of your prospects. So his option years will be only be one more I believe after this one.
    Last edited by Jughead10; 05-18-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      Fernando Martinez is YOUNGER then most College prospects in the upcoming Draft.

You know Pomeranz, Colon, McGuire. Guys who will start in HIGH-A!!!!!

Would he be considered a better prospect right now if Mets were to select him and put him in Florida State League?
      No elite prospects take four years in the minors if they start at 21. And this is without mentioning F-Mart's weaknesses at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Wilmer Flores. That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Wilmer Flores. That is all.
          That is true. Flores is outperforming a number 1 overall pick (who sucks but that's not the point) and he's younger.

Holy ****, Beckham has gotten worse.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The only big issue I have with Fernando at this point is his durability.

The fact that he's not hitting very well in AAA right now is a DISTANT 2nd.

Ike Davis was getting over-matched in short-season ball after getting drafted. Many Mets' fans wanted Omar's head for making that pick. As of right now, that pick looks very good.

Not all top prospects make it to MLB as teenagers.

And as far as Martinez power potential, he already hits HRs to opposite field. Many scouts have marveled at his power during batting practices. Now all he has to do is translate it to actual games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              That is true. Flores is outperforming a number 1 overall pick (who sucks but that's not the point) and he's younger.

Wilmer Flores is putting up Mike Stanton like OPS numbers at A ball.

And on Fernando, he really needs to stay healthy. I still have faith in him, but it's getting tough to deal with at this point.

Comment

Hellickson, Torres, Jennings, Sweeney, Barnese, Moore, Leslie Anderson, Shane Dyer, Alex Colome, Wilking Rodriguez, Kyeong Kang, and to a lesser extend Tyler Bortnick.

I can live.

Also, Beckham's BABIP is .188.

Comment

• Fernando can play CF. Don't listen to that moron Manuel. Also, Martinez is behind on development because he's always hurt and we pushed him to much. He's been the minors for a long time but the AB's still don't add up.

As for the option year that's not that big of a deal. If he's not ready to start the season at the beginning of 2012 he won't be with us anyway most likely.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The issue with Flores might be position. He is middle infielder right now, but he projects to be a big guy.

3b? OF?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      The issue with Flores might be position. He is middle infielder right now, but he projects to be a big guy.

3b? OF?

I've only seen him live twice, but I think he could play 3B.

Comment

• If Hanley Ramirez can do it, I don't see why Flores can't.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If Hanley Ramirez can do it, I don't see why Flores can't.

Flores doesn't move nearly as well as Hanley.

Comment

If Hanley Ramirez can do it, I don't see why Flores can't.
                            They say he's extremely unathletic and slow. Hanley might not be the greatest SS or even try all the time but he certainly isn't slow or unathletic.

Comment

• The defensive scouting on Flores is that his range is already kind of limited and he projects to add another 30lbs.

He does have good hands though and does a very good job of reacting to bad hops. Plus a good arm.

Sounds like a 3b prospect.

Comment

• I think of him as a future OF.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information