MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** you Lou Piniella.

You're facing a righty, and you decide to keep Alfi in LF and DH Xavier Nady. Nothing against Nady, but you have a DH. This has to be Alfi. ANd then you have a young lefty that is playing well and can play all 3 OF positions. **** you, asshole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Haha. The pitching and defense teams aren't off to great starts. One can't hit at all (Mariners), and the other found out that their pitching and defense isn't that great (the Red Sox). Although the Red Sox pitching will come around, don't think their defense will though.
      Rays aren't a pitching and Defense team?

Comment

• Ed Rapuano should be suspended...an umpire should never instigate like he just did and it's garbage

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Here's another classic Pirate offense.

Comment

• Did I say how much I like the trade of Francisco Cordero, Laynce Nix, and Kevin Mench for Carlos Lee and Nelson Cruz?

Comment

• http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...m-houston.html

Roy Oswalt requests trade before the deadline.

Comment

Although the Red Sox pitching will come around, don't think their defense will though.
                I don't see why the defense wouldn't come around. I mean, it's not like it has far to go. Once Cameron and Ellsbury come back we should be fine. J.D. Drew, Dustin Pedroia, and Marco Scutaro are all top 5 at their positions according to UZR. Beltre and Youkilis haven't played up to their standards, but are still playing above average. Victor Martinez has been our only poor defender, but we knew that coming into the season. UZR has us as the 7th best defensive team in the majors this year and that is with Cameron and Ellsbury missing significant time.

I'm far more concerned about the pitching. Lester has already come around and Buchholz has been great but I'm not confident after that. Lackey has been a rollercoaster ride this year, Beckett has been bad and now he's injured, and I can't expect any sort of consistency out of the #5 spot.

Comment

• Albert Pujols i loathe you. How can Brad Penny get a grandslam and you go 0/3?
                  Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Thanks for the help Dave Bush.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Holy **** stop bitching every time he doesn't get a hit you have the best damn hitter in baseball on your team ****.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...m-houston.html

Roy Oswalt requests trade before the deadline.
                        I've heard he's wanted to pitch for St. Louis for awhile, but I don't think the Cards have the kind of prospects available to get a deal done.

Comment

• Ned Yost baseball is awesome baby!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            I don't see why the defense wouldn't come around. I mean, it's not like it has far to go. Once Cameron and Ellsbury come back we should be fine. J.D. Drew, Dustin Pedroia, and Marco Scutaro are all top 5 at their positions according to UZR. Beltre and Youkilis haven't played up to their standards, but are still playing above average. Victor Martinez has been our only poor defender, but we knew that coming into the season. UZR has us as the 7th best defensive team in the majors this year and that is with Cameron and Ellsbury missing significant time.

I'm far more concerned about the pitching. Lester has already come around and Buchholz has been great but I'm not confident after that. Lackey has been a rollercoaster ride this year, Beckett has been bad and now he's injured, and I can't expect any sort of consistency out of the #5 spot.
                            Well I don't think Beltre or Scutaro are nearly as good defensively as their metrics may suggest. And Martinez is terrible.

Comment

Well I don't think Beltre or Scutaro are nearly as good defensively as their metrics may suggest. And Martinez is terrible.
                              Also, Ellsbury takes hilarious routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                Albert Pujols i loathe you. How can Brad Penny get a grandslam and you go 0/3?
                                Dude, you're so ******* annoying. I wished the Pirates had the pitching and hitting of your club, and yet you ***** whenever the best player in baseball doesn't get a hit for a night. You can't get a hit in every single game and even the greatest of players go through slumps. Seriously, shut the **** up. You should be happy you have Pujols. But if you don't want him, there's a team in the Central that would kill to have him. Send him to the Pirates for free since, according to you, sucks. God.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information