No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading up on it it's actually an MLB rule that there cannot be rainchecks after 5 innings. Still complete ******** because it was raining at exactly the same rate from the 2nd inning on and they just randomly decide to stop it right after the fifth inning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Has there ever been so many posts about a Reds/Pirates game by the way? Good to see that type of talk here not all the bigger name teams.
      Its because the mother ******* Cardinals will not pull their mother ******* heads out of their mother ******* asses. Wainwright goes 7, strikes out 12, and gives up 4 hits, and we lose 1-0. Our division is not good, and we should be ******* dominating it the way we did the second half of last year. However, our offense has their heads so far up their asses, they can see intestines. We are giving teams hope, and I am sick of giving them hope, lets bury their asses! We are good enough to, we jusy have been playing like a bunch of chicken ****. Pujols had 3 hits tonight, he can't do everything. Our players shoulda figured out by that, but they mine as well be batting with their feet. There are a bunch of chicken **** teams that have scored more runs than us and that pathetic. We have just as many runs as the Nationals and have scored less than the Mets. To Mark McGwire: get ur players to pull their heads out of their asses, and start hitting the damn baseball. It was about time for the rant!

Comment

• Yes a Yoda rant now!!! What a great baseball night.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• By the way Doug Fister for Cy Young.

Comment

• Is baseball still considered a sport in America? Or has it been relegated to hobby status (like it should be)?

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Is baseball still considered a sport in America? Or has it been relegated to hobby status (like it should be)?
              In LA maybe. But there aren't real sports fans out there anyway.

Coming from a guy with a Kobe Bryant sig. The NBA being the biggest mockery of a sport out there.

Comment

Is baseball still considered a sport in America? Or has it been relegated to hobby status (like it should be)?
                Great post man, you should stick around in this thread. Everyone really values your opinion. +rep all day brah
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  In LA maybe. But there aren't real sports fans out there anyway.

Coming from a guy with a Kobe Bryant sig. The NBA being the biggest mockery of a sport out there.
                  That's probably for the better anyways. Call me crazy, but I like that the greater Los Angeles area doesn't feel like it's on the brink of a collective suicide when a team loses.

And at least the NBA holds some entertainment value. The greatest thing one can achieve (or fans can watch) in baseball is the no hitter. Which is basically watching two guys play catch for four hours, with a lot of spitting and nut scratching in between.
                  Last edited by yourfavestoner; 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• I just don't see the point in coming into a baseball thread and bashing the sport. It's fine if you don't like it, but what did you really expect the responses to be? It's nothing more than a troll attempt. Didn't you just beg everyone to get OT privileges back? My apologies if I don't know the whole story there.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      Great post man, you should stick around in this thread. Everyone really values your opinion. +rep all day brah
                      I'm not being overly-serious here. More tongue-in-cheek commenting.

Comment

That's probably for the better anyways. Call me crazy, but I like that the greater Los Angeles area doesn't feel like it's on the brink of a collective suicide when a team loses.

And at least the NBA holds some entertainment value. The greatest thing one can achieve (or fans can watch) in baseball is the no hitter. Which is basically watching two guys play catch for four hours, with a lot of spitting and nut scratching in between.

Until baseball does something to speed up their games, it will continue to fade into irrelevance.
                        To each their own. The NBA has no entertainment value to me. It's a shell of what it used to be. It definitely below all the other pro sports, college football and basketball, and even soccer on my list.

But if LA doesn't feel like it matters if a team loses, I'll raise a beer for the Celtics, since it doesn't matter anyway.

Comment

• Battle Royale

Comment

This just doesn't make sense to me. What's the greatest thing a basketball player can accomplish? 80 point game? It's him shooting an orange ball into a basket. No different from your argument whatsoever.

Comment

• Come on its May still, baseball doesnt get boring until July'ish!

Comment

• Joe West needs to be fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information