MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
    Come on its May still, baseball doesnt get boring until July'ish!
    Depends who you're a fan of.

Comment

• Big Daddy Vladdy is smoking the ball this year. That's my boy! Glad I got him in fantasy.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Depends who you're a fan of.
        Well for me, baseball season just has too many games. By around that time there have been no other major sports going and all you have is baseball (World Cup will help alleviate it this year). Having nothing but baseball to really follow sportswise wears me out on baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
          Great post man, you should stick around in this thread. Everyone really values your opinion. +rep all day brah
          Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          To each their own. The NBA has no entertainment value to me. It's a shell of what it used to be. It definitely below all the other pro sports, college football and basketball, and even soccer on my list.

But if LA doesn't feel like it matters if a team loses, I'll raise a beer for the Celtics, since it doesn't matter anyway.
          It wouldn't really bother anybody out here. Every single stadium yells "Beat LA" when the Lakers play them (Boston's doing it even when we don't play them). They're every team's rival. Everyone hates them. So nobody is going to be surprised (or particularly care) if people are happy when somebody beats LA.

Originally posted by djp View Post
          This just doesn't make sense to me. What's the greatest thing a basketball player can accomplish? 80 point game? It's him shooting an orange ball into a basket. No different from your argument whatsoever.
          Like Jughead said, this is really a to each his own argument and my original comment wasn't really intending to do anything other than to go to a thread I never venture into or post in (mostly because I'm bored at work, and it's about to be the dead season in the other major sports). All i got was a reminder of how sensitive people are and how seriously they take teh interwebz.
          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Like Judgead said, this is really a to each his own argument and my original comment wasn't really intending to do anything other than to go to a thread I never venture into or post in (mostly because I'm bored at work, and it's about to be the dead season in the other major sports). All i got was a reminder of how sensitive people are and how seriously they take teh interwebz.
            Its just like if someone when into the Jags thread and started saying how every player on the team sucks, they are going nowhere anytime soon(except to LA), and that the most exciting part of watching them is seeing MJD run for 10 yards and go out of bounds. No one really cares it is just annoying(and ill informed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
              Its just like if someone when into the Jags thread and started saying how every player on the team sucks, they are going nowhere anytime soon(except to LA), and that the most exciting part of watching them is seeing MJD run for 10 yards and go out of bounds. No one really cares it is just annoying(and ill informed)
              Exactly. I just find it funny that you would come in and try to troll baseball fans when not so long ago I remember seeing a petition of you requesting to be allowed back onto the off topic forum. Isn't trolling against the forum rules, btw? I like how in your first original post, you admitted you were trying to troll everyone in this thread, but then edited your post to make it seem like you are surprised that this is the way that people reacted.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Except I didn't go out of my way to begrudge any particular person, team, player, fanbase, whatever. Was it trollish? Sure. But the end of the day, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment regarding the sport that wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

Comment

• How are Pat the Bat, Griffey and Matsui ahead of Ortiz in the AS voting?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Close Chucky. It would be like everything you said, but then after eliciting a bunch of negative responses, then calling the other people too sensitive and claim he's just being tongue-in-chick when really he's just being a douche. It's classic trolling.

Also, a no-hitter isn't the greatest pitching accomplishment.

I don't blame YFS for hating baseball though. His town is over-run with giant billboards of the Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber sporting Dodger gear. That would turn me off to baseball as well.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      How are Pat the Bat, Griffey and Matsui ahead of Ortiz in the AS voting?
                      Completely a guess, but people don't like Ortiz because they think he did steroids.

Comment

• More importantly (for me) why is Morneau not ahead of Texeira?

Also the #4 catcher in the AL is Taylor Teagarden who has been in the minors the majority of the year and has one hit in the majors. #5 being Dioner Navarro isn't much better.

Comment

Exactly. I just find it funny that you would come in and try to troll baseball fans when not so long ago I remember seeing a petition of you requesting to be allowed back onto the off topic forum. Isn't trolling against the forum rules, btw? I like how in your first original post, you admitted you were trying to troll everyone in this thread, but then edited your post to make it seem like you are surprised that this is the way that people reacted.
                          Huh? My original post is exactly the same. The only one I edited was my response to Jughead's response.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Huh? My original post is exactly the same. The only one I edited was my response to Jughead's response.
                            That's the one I was talking about. It originally said something like "I didn't mean anything, I was just posting in here to remind myself of how sensitive people are lolz" but you changed it to make it seem like you weren't expecting the reactions.

anyways, on to more important things. What's the opinion on Luke Hochevar? I see he's having a nice start today.. I saw him pitch against the Twins earlier this year and he was filthy until about the 5th inning and he just imploded.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              More importantly (for me) why is Morneau not ahead of Texeira?

Also the #4 catcher in the AL is Taylor Teagarden who has been in the minors the majority of the year and has one hit in the majors. #5 being Dioner Navarro isn't much better.
                              Should be Morneau and Miguel Cabrera in front of Tex. This is horse honky!

Comment

That's the one I was talking about. It originally said something like "I didn't mean anything, I was just posting in here to remind myself of how sensitive people are lolz" but you changed it to make it seem like you weren't expecting the reactions.

anyways, on to more important things. What's the opinion on Luke Hochevar? I see he's having a nice start today.. I saw him pitch against the Twins earlier this year and he was filthy until about the 5th inning and he just imploded.
                                I edited out of that post and stuck it in my next post, where it was more appropriate. Ultimately, though, I'm going to hold myself accountable to my posts. The emotions and responses they elicit aren't really my problem or concern, they belong to the people who posted them.

Which is why the so srs attitude on the internet is so perplexing to me in the first place. Nobody is on here for any purpose really other than to validate their own opinions. I'm not changing anybody's mind on here; nobody's changing mine; so all the posts on this messageboard are really people arguing and complaining about their own doubts and trying to have other people validate them. Think about it: when you get into an argument with somebody on the internet are you really trying to convince the opposition or are you trying to get other people to agree with your points?

My posts in here weren't malicious, belittling, or attacking to anybody. And I'm not directing this post at you in particular, DJP, because your responses were one of the few that didn't resort to immediate flaming.

Now, let the baseball discussion resume.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information