Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We are going to start scoring a ton more runs when our luck shifts with the bases loaded and Kubel hopefully stops sucking. I like Detroit's team, and as long as Miguel Cabrera is smashing the ball at a Morneau type rate, they've got a shot. That said, I do think we're better than Detroit and expect to win the division.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

    Comment


    • Cardinals Offense is pathetic. 0 runs scored in their last 17 innings.

      Comment


      • Like I've always said Omar is an average GM. Some great and some terrible moves. Anyway great to see us shutout the Phillies twice in a row.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          Cardinals Offense is pathetic. 0 runs scored in their last 17 innings.
          Its especially sad when our pitching has given up 1 in the last 15.

          Comment


          • i hate Chicago even more, i missed 3 innings of the dodgers telecast because of that ******* city

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
              Its especially sad when our pitching has given up 1 in the last 15.
              Yeah Wainwright pitched a heck of a game last night, and Jaime pitched Awesome tonight going 6 scoreless innings lowering his ERA to 1.14

              According to Dan and Al the last time the Cards were shutout in back to back games was 1995, yikes. They've been shutout 4 times already this season, and that doesn't include the game it took them 18 innings to score 1 run. Unacceptable for a team with this much talent on it.

              Comment


              • Ah ****, apparently its a ******* victory if we score one god damn run. If we score a run tomorrow, we win even if the Padres score two. IS IT TOO HARD TO ASK FOR ONE ******* RUN?

                Comment


                • You scored Yoda calm down.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    You scored Yoda calm down.
                    That was me throwing down the gum bucket and kicking the gatorade bucket so to speak.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      That was me throwing down the gum bucket and kicking the gatorade bucket so to speak.
                      Excellent score one more now. Mets are going in there next week I want them down.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        8-2 in our last 10 games (Yankees, Twins, Phillies, and Rays). You can't ask for much more.
                        yep. this could be interesting. i'm not sure if it's nothing more than a hotstreak or not, but i'm not sure if we can keep this up long enough to catch the yankees or rays. and even if we can, i'm not sure the sox have what it takes to stay there.

                        it's pretty obvious that as papi goes, so goes our offense. when he's hitting like this, our 2-3-4-5 is unstoppable, they all provide great protection for each other and they're all weapons. add in the way beltre has been playing recently (6 rbi's tonight? maybe i was wrong about this guy) and we're cranking out offense at 2-6.

                        i guess maintaining this depends on the pitching. buccholz and lester have been great, wakefield can win every now and then. if beckett comes around, we have a shot.

                        Comment


                        • I'm not sure why everyone gave up on the Sox so quick. 5.5 games over 4 months is nothing. 2 games for the Wild Card is even easier. It's baseball folks not football.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                            That was me throwing down the gum bucket and kicking the gatorade bucket so to speak.
                            Jason Motte is turning into a very quality pitcher, glad I was wrong about him. Can't believe we traded Luke Gregerson for Khalil Greene. Not really sure why I quoted you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I'm not sure why everyone gave up on the Sox so quick. 5.5 games over 4 months is nothing. 2 games for the Wild Card is even easier. It's baseball folks not football.
                              because early in the season at any given point, one of the pitching, defense, or offense was atrocious. it didn't seem like the three would ever be sorted out at the same time. plus the yankees and rays had (have?) the two best records in baseball. kinda hard to keep the faith when you're third in your division, no matter what the record looks like.

                              in other news: seriously, how ******* long can ubaldo jiminez keep doing this?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                because early in the season at any given point, one of the pitching, defense, or offense was atrocious. it didn't seem like the three would ever be sorted out at the same time. plus the yankees and rays had (have?) the two best records in baseball. kinda hard to keep the faith when you're third in your division, no matter what the record looks like.

                                in other news: seriously, how ******* long can ubaldo jiminez keep doing this?
                                You're right they were doing bad but they still have the players to turn it around. As for being 3rd that doesn't matter at all.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information