MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    You're right they were doing bad but they still have the players to turn it around. As for being 3rd that doesn't matter at all.
    actually, at the worst point, they were fourth behind toronto. any time you're looking up at three teams, one of them being toronto, it can cause some panic.

and yeah you can say they have the players now, but at the time papi wasn't worth a damn, beltre was struggling defensively, cameron seemed to fall off of the face of the earth, ellsbury was hurt, etc. the only guys really doing anything on offense at the time were pedroia, youkilis, and v-mart to some extent, and the guys who were struggling weren't really guys you expect to turn things around. also, the pitching was atrocious, lester had yet to turn it around, beckett was horrible, lackey was struggling, and the bullpen wasn't much better.

Comment

• I just saw that Joe West thing. What a disgrace. I hope he is fired/suspended. That is pathetic.

Comment

• You're right about all of that but that's the problem. All of that was after a month and a half. The Red Sox were playing way below their normal numbers and you had to expect they would come back their averages. I understand being worried about Papi for a month but some of the others you just had to give them some time. I'm not saying the Sox will now run through everyone now just that you knew they wouldn't be as bad as they were.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          Jason Motte is turning into a very quality pitcher, glad I was wrong about him. Can't believe we traded Luke Gregerson for Khalil Greene. Not really sure why I quoted you.
          I was wrong about him too. I thought he was an awful one-pitch pitcher, but he has really improved and even throws in some off-speed every now and then.

Comment

• I always feel a bit better when we beat the Phillies.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              We are going to start scoring a ton more runs when our luck shifts with the bases loaded and Kubel hopefully stops sucking.
              Haha. And Kubel has been the only one to do anything with bases loaded. Basically winning a game on his own against a team you can't beat.

Why don't you play Thome more if Kubel is so terrible?
              Last edited by Jughead10; 05-27-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• So I'm really bored this morning and I was thinking about the all star voting that was mentioned here the other day. I decided to piece together what I think is currently probably the best AL all star team. Let me know what you think. I used to the current voting for starters and went from there.

CF Ichiro
                SS Derek Jeter
                C Joe Mauer
                3B Evan Longoria
                1B Mark Teixeira
                RF Nelson Cruz
                2B Robinson Cano
                DH Vlad Guerrero
                LF Carl Crawford

C Victor Martinez, 1B Justin Morneau, 1B Miguel Cabrera, 1B Kevin Youkilis, 2B Dustin Pedroia, 2B Ty Wigginton, SS Elvis Andrus, 3B Alex Rodriguez, 3B/OF Jose Bautista, OF Shin-Soo Choo, OF Vernon Wells, OF Josh Hamilton

SP David Price, SP Andy Pettitte, SP Jon Lester, SP John Danks, SP Justin Verlander, SP Jered Weaver, SP Zack Greinke, RP Rafael Soriano, RP Andrew Bailey, RP Jose Valverde, RP Jonathan Papelbon, RP Mariano Rivera

There was one spot left and I was completely torn between Matt Garza and James Shield. So I'll let Tampa choose that one.
                Last edited by Jughead10; 05-27-2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• NL is where it's at. :)

And who is Justin Hamilton?
                  Last edited by tjsunstein; 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    NL is where it's at. :)

And who is Justin Hamilton?
                    Haha Josh. I don't know how I did that.

Comment

• The fans actually did a decent job in terms of the AL roster. The only major complaint I have is that Mark Teixeira doesn't belong with 100 miles of Angel Stadium, but compared to the NL voting the AL is almost perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        The fans actually did a decent job in terms of the AL roster. The only major complaint I have is that Mark Teixeira doesn't belong with 100 miles of Angel Stadium, but compared to the NL voting the AL is almost perfect.
                        There aren't many good catchers or short stops in the AL. Victor Martinez made my team by default basically. And I gave the nod to Andrus over Gonzalez just because I don't think Alex keeps this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          And I would smother you in your sleep in front of Job.
                          You asshole better not even try that.

Comment

• The NL voting is a mess right now thanks to the Phillies fans.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah, right now it's Phillies (Utley, Polanco, Rollins, Werth, Victorino), Cardinals (Pujols and Molina) and Brewers (Braun).
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                So I'm really bored this morning and I was thinking about the all star voting that was mentioned here the other day. I decided to piece together what I think is currently probably the best AL all star team. Let me know what you think. I used to the current voting for starters and went from there.

CF Ichiro
                                SS Derek Jeter
                                C Joe Mauer
                                3B Evan Longoria
                                1B Mark Teixeira
                                RF Nelson Cruz
                                2B Robinson Cano
                                DH Vlad Guerrero
                                LF Carl Crawford

C Victor Martinez, 1B Justin Morneau, 1B Miguel Cabrera, 1B Kevin Youkilis, 2B Dustin Pedroia, 2B Ty Wigginton, SS Elvis Andrus, 3B Alex Rodriguez, 3B/OF Jose Bautista, OF Shin-Soo Choo, OF Vernon Wells, OF Josh Hamilton

SP David Price, SP Andy Pettitte, SP Jon Lester, SP John Danks, SP Justin Verlander, SP Jered Weaver, SP Zack Greinke, RP Rafael Soriano, RP Andrew Bailey, RP Jose Valverde, RP Jonathan Papelbon, RP Mariano Rivera

There was one spot left and I was completely torn between Matt Garza and James Shield. So I'll let Tampa choose that one.
                                Josh Hamilton over Magglio and Guti why?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information