MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Akron. They have the best player in Santana.
    Santana plays for Columbus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Santana plays for Columbus.
      Ahh I just figured Akron was AAA. I should have known better since Akron plays Binghamton though.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Pujols bitching is ridiculous. The players around him aren't playing well either. Brendan Ryan has a terrible OBP. Ludwick has a decent OBP but isn't hitting many doubles or triples. Even if Pujols hit 8 HR this month, with the way other Cardinals are playing in front of him chances are that would only be about 8-12 extra runs over the course of the month. Pujols is actually hitting over .320 with RISP and .350 with runners on. Problem is 61% of the time he steps up to the plate, the bases are empty. His OBP is actually 15 points higher today (well, as of yesterday) than it was April 26th. Pujols is the only Cardinal who is consistently playing well, yet it's fault because he is not dominating? He only had 4 games in the entire month where he didn't reach base.

Comment

• So someone complained about Pujols... I've seen it all in baseball. Even my unborn child knows such things are idiotic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            So when did Johnny Cueto decide he was going to be a complete beast? These past 4 starts have been fantastic.
            IDK something happened and finally figured it out. He has always had lights out stuff but no composure and stamina.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• 3 game sweep!!!! Phillies scored 0 runs all series. Yes we held the mighty Phillies lineup to goose eggs folks.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wow, just wow.

Mets sweep Phillies without giving up a single run to them in this series.

AWESOME job by the pitching staff. I hope they keep it up.

EDIT: Beat me to it, Giantsfan. :)

Comment

• Our starters just went went 19 innings in our last series, giving up 1 run, and their record was 1-1. Sad, I obviously did not like the Pujols dissing. And on a completely unrelated note: can the MLB ban the Pirates from ever pitching Charlie Morton, he is soooo awful. 1-9, with almost a 10 ERA, I could do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                    Our starters just went went 19 innings in our last series, giving up 1 run, and their record was 1-1. Sad, I obviously did not like the Pujols dissing. And on a completely unrelated note: can the MLB ban the Pirates from ever pitching Charlie Morton, he is soooo awful. 1-9, with almost a 10 ERA, I could do that.
                    I was watching baseball tonight and they said when Morton gets behind in the count hitters are hitting over .500 against him. Holy **** no wonder Hines wanted the Reds to kill him.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      Our starters just went went 19 innings in our last series, giving up 1 run, and their record was 1-1. Sad, I obviously did not like the Pujols dissing. And on a completely unrelated note: can the MLB ban the Pirates from ever pitching Charlie Morton, he is soooo awful. 1-9, with almost a 10 ERA, I could do that.
                      Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      I was watching baseball tonight and they said when Morton gets behind in the count hitters are hitting over .500 against him. Holy **** no wonder Hines wanted the Reds to kill him.
                      According to the best front office in professional baseball, he's showing signs of improvement. What a crock of ****. I guarentee the Pirates would be flirting with .500 right now if he has not pitched. Pirates get blown out everytime he pitches, but they keep it remotely close whenever he doesn't. He is the reason why our run differential is so bad. I loathe Charlie Morton.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        So someone complained about Pujols... I've seen it all in baseball. Even my unborn child knows such things are idiotic.
                        no **** right? the stat they just showed is he is hitting .278 this month. Thats struggling? .278 for some hitters is like a big time achievement lol

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          no **** right? the stat they just showed is he is hitting .278 this month. Thats struggling? .278 for some hitters is like a big time achievement lol
                          Some Cardinal fans just expect way to much from him. The mans gone hitless in a series a total of 4 times in his 9 year career. lol spoiled much.

Comment

• Assuming Cliff Lee gets traded. What teams do you think are good fits? If I were the Twins, I'd be trying to get him. I believe it was Gammons who said the Mariners desperately want a catching prospect. Perhaps the Twins can build a deal around Ramos, who they certainly won't be keeping long term anyway.

Comment

• Way to go Pirates. They are keeping Morton in the rotation. I mean, who cares that he is 1-9 with an ERA of 9.35 right? What a ******* joke. Not only is he hurting the Pirates by guarenteeing a loss every five days, but it's hurting him in his future. He's never going to be the same again because they are just letting him fail just for their own ego to see if he starts to pan out so they can point and say I told you so. It's just embarassing to see him absolutely get shellshocked, Pirates get in a hole, and then the bullpen does not allow a single run after Morton gets pulled. You see improvement, right front office? I'm honestly about to start a petition or write a letter to management telling them that I never want to see Morton in the Pittsburgh Pirates starting rotation anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Way to go Pirates. They are keeping Morton in the rotation. I mean, who cares that he is 1-9 with an ERA of 9.35 right? What a ******* joke. Not only is he hurting the Pirates by guarenteeing a loss every five days, but it's hurting him in his future. He's never going to be the same again because they are just letting him fail just for their own ego to see if he starts to pan out so they can point and say I told you so. It's just embarassing to see him absolutely get shellshocked, Pirates get in a hole, and then the bullpen does not allow a single run after Morton gets pulled. You see improvement, right front office? I'm honestly about to start a petition or write a letter to management telling them that I never want to see Morton in the Pittsburgh Pirates starting rotation anymore.
                                How about my man Evan Meek though? Start looking at some positives.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information