Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Yeah for taking Johan out. I also would have put in Mejia instead of Igarashi but that's a little more debateable.
    Johan has always dominated the Crew as far as I can recall. On that point, you are definitely right. I breathed a sigh of relief when they pulled the plug on his night. Still, Hart walking off with 2-outs was more luck than anything.

    ...When your team is just ahead of the last place Astros, you can't afford to apologize for victories. So **** the Mets, and go Brewers! Jk, I kid.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      Johan has always dominated the Crew as far as I can recall. On that point, you are definitely right. I breathed a sigh of relief when they pulled the plug on his night. Still, Hart walking off with 2-outs was more luck than anything.

      ...When your team is just ahead of the last place Astros, you can't afford to apologize for victories. So **** the Mets, and go Brewers! Jk, I kid.
      Haha I don't blame you for that. I'm hoping we can some how rebound but I wouldn't be shocked if you swept us now. I have no idea what Nieve is going to give us tomorrow after being a RP all year and then we have Dickey Sunday. I've liked what I've seen from him so far but I he's a knuckler so it could go either way.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
        Leyland for Macha straight up. I'll even throw in Willie Randolph. They should have an age limit for MLB managers, or atleast some rules. If you need a nap between innings and send out assitant coaches because a mound visit feels like a marathon, you should retire.
        Or if your name is Dusty Baker

        bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

        Comment


        • Yeah well I hope to God the Brewers can put up some runs, because with Parra going tomorrow the Mets should feast. He has good stuff, but innings 1 and 5-6 are always his biggest problem. Don't be fooled by the 3.54 era.

          Don't forget the Brewers are 7-15 at home too, ugh.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            Or if your name is Dusty Baker
            I picture Leyland, Torre, Macha and Dusty Baker sweating around in some retirement lodge sauna muttering about their loss of taste and issues with ED.
            Last edited by Whistler6; 05-28-2010, 10:52 PM.

            Comment


            • The Phillies hadn't scored a run in 31 innings prior to tonights game... kind of scary for a team like that no?
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

              Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                I picture Leyland, Torre, Macha and Dusty Baker sweating around in some retirement lodge sauna muttering about their loss of taste and issues with ED.
                Chewin toothpicks and making bad calls

                bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

                Comment


                • Oh and I thought I would add, Jonny Gomes is absolutely tearing it up in May.
                  He is hitting near .400 for the month I believe.
                  Went 4-4 with a walk and 4 RBI tonight

                  bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • Kansas City is leading the entire league in hits?!?!??
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                    Coples is that dude.
                    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                    Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                      Kansas City is leading the entire league in hits?!?!??
                      Which is crazy, because they seem to quit hitting altogether when Greinke's on the mound.

                      And possibly even more insane...Not only is Kyle Farnsworth still in the league (who knew?), but he has a 2.50 era this season. He's only given up 1 homerun all year.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Yeah for taking Johan out. I also would have put in Mejia instead of Igarashi but that's a little more debateable.
                        You know I hate Jerry but I would have taken Johan out too. He's not really a guy who goes 110-115 pitches plus on a given start. I prescribe to the modern theory of baseball though in that I don't want to overwork my pitchers and like to keep their pitch count reasonable and their innings as well.

                        Especially in the first half of the season. I would have used Mejia instead of Iggy as well though.

                        It's pretty moronic how Igarashi has just come back from the DL and Manuel has thrown him into the fire twice. I mean it's not like we should give him a few games to reestablish his pitches or anything in low leverage situations..sigh.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                          You know I hate Jerry but I would have taken Johan out too. He's not really a guy who goes 110-115 pitches plus on a given start. I prescribe to the modern theory of baseball though in that I don't want to overwork my pitchers and like to keep their pitch count reasonable and their innings as well.

                          Especially in the first half of the season. I would have used Mejia instead of Iggy as well though.

                          It's pretty moronic how Igarashi has just come back from the DL and Manuel has thrown him into the fire twice. I mean it's not like we should give him a few games to reestablish his pitches or anything in low leverage situations..sigh.
                          Yeah I'm not sure how Igarashi has become our de facto 8th inning guy after his injury.

                          Also, Johan came out after 105 pitches. He's thrown more than that this year and most of his struggles came in the first 2 innings. He should have stayed in. We're 2 months into the season and we need wins whenever we can get them.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Yeah I'm not sure how Igarashi has become our de facto 8th inning guy after his injury.

                            Also, Johan came out after 105 pitches. He's thrown more than that this year and most of his struggles came in the first 2 innings. He should have stayed in. We're 2 months into the season and we need wins whenever we can get them.
                            True, but there's a good chance he ends up throwing 115+ against the heart of the Brewers line up. Keeping Santana in is no guarantee of a win either. Even if he throws another zero up it just means Igarashi probably comes in the next inning.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              True, but there's a good chance he ends up throwing 115+ against the heart of the Brewers line up. Keeping Santana in is no guarantee of a win either. Even if he throws another zero up it just means Igarashi probably comes in the next inning.
                              Of course it's not a guarantee but I want to lose with our best pitcher on the mound. Also, I'd rather give us one more chance to get a run.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                I suggest you and every sports reporter do the same. You're on a message board bitching about someone else bitching. Pot meet kettle.

                                Glad to see the cardinals offense showing signs of life. Cards/Cubs series is right around the corner hopefully they stay hot and win me money



                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information