Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    I remember there was a time when analysts/fans brought up how it was a mistake for the Cubs to trade Willis so early. It may still have been, but right now it looks like a moot point. This makes me happy.
    Umm no. That's like saying the Mets trade of Kazmir was good because Kazmir sucks now. You still could have used Willis during his good period.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Umm no. That's like saying the Mets trade of Kazmir was good because Kazmir sucks now. You still could have used Willis during his good period.
      Yes I know, that's why I said it probably was still a mistake.

      I just meant that as of now, Cubs fans don't have to hear about it anymore.

      Comment


      • Kendry Gramatica out for the year with a broken leg.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          Yes I know, that's why I said it probably was still a mistake.

          I just meant that as of now, Cubs fans don't have to hear about it anymore.
          He'll sign with St. Louis and turn his career around, don't worry!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            I've got nothing.
            Not exactly sure why, but this makes me smile.

            Also, any ideas where Corey Hart's out-of-nowhere power surge came from? Walk-off winner last night, followed by 2 consecutive HR's tonight along with 6 RBI's. I think he stole Prince's special vitamins.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              He'll sign with St. Louis and turn his career around, don't worry!
              Hmm I was going to say Milwaukee, but it'll definitely be one of the two. Or someone else in the division, and he will dominate the Cubs every time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                Not exactly sure why, but this makes me smile.

                Also, any ideas where Corey Hart's out-of-nowhere power surge came from? Walk-off winner last night, followed by 2 consecutive HR's tonight along with 6 RBI's. I think he stole Prince's special vitamins.
                Well Nieve sucks now because Jerry overworked him with the first month. Ollie just sucks. This might have been the worst pitched baseball game I've watched all year.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                  Kendry Gramatica out for the year with a broken leg.
                  Gramatica broke his leg being a dumbass while Kendry got tackled and his knee buckled. Not his fault.


                  RIP TheManInBlack

                  Comment


                  • My last post on Dontrelle, but if he can't turn it around on his next club then he should go the Rick Ankiel route.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Well Nieve sucks now because Jerry overworked him with the first month. Ollie just sucks. This might have been the worst pitched baseball game I've watched all year.
                      The Brewers keep stranding runners on base...They are asking for the Mets to come back and win in the 9th. It's scary how similar the Mets and the Brewers are. Underperforming stars, pitiful pitching and a manager NO ONE has any faith in.

                      Atleast the throwbacks are sick.

                      Comment


                      • There is no better mustache in the MLB right now than Johnny Axford. That's Rollie Fingers-esque if I've ever seen it. Of course this is the only picture of him I can find, aside from college and minor leagues...In time maybe.

                        Last edited by Whistler6; 05-29-2010, 09:47 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Gramatica broke his leg being a dumbass while Kendry got tackled and his knee buckled. Not his fault.
                          From what I saw, he jumped on home plate and landed wrong. He was getting jumped when he fell on the ground.

                          Comment


                          • I agree with Whistler. I love John Axford because of that stache.
                            #Chop


                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              Hmm I was going to say Milwaukee, but it'll definitely be one of the two. Or someone else in the division, and he will dominate the Cubs every time.
                              If dead arm wants to take the vet minimum and attempt to revive himself in Milwaukee, I'll welcome him gladly. We might need a 1st baseman soon anyway.
                              Last edited by Whistler6; 05-29-2010, 10:02 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                                If dead arm wants to take the vet minimum and attempt to revive his deadend career in Milwaukee, I'll welcome him gladly. We might need a 1st baseman soon anyway.
                                Well, since he's a former Cub that was once good after we traded him and he needs to revive his career, the Brewers have about 20% chance of landing him at some point, along with the rest of the NL Central. After that, there's about a 50% chance he will revive his career, and at least a 80% chance he dominates the Cubs every time.

                                I'd be interested to see where Willis could play other than pitcher. I mean, if Alfi can play LF, I'm sure Dontrelle could. They'd probably be similar players. Poor defender, strong arm, hit HRs, but Willis might have the edge in avg.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information