Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So, David Ortiz finishes the month of May with a line like this:

    .363/.424/.788/1.211, 10 HR, 27 RBI

    He hasn't hit this well in a single month since September of 2007.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      Max Scherzer by far, Josh Byrnes is running the dbacks into the ground
      No he isn't. Edwin Jackson, Chad Qualls and Dan Haren have been extremely unlucky while Ian Kennedy is outperforming his expectations (although his peripherals aren't great) for the pitching side. The hitting side has seen Kelly Johnson and LaRoche work out pretty damn well for bargain bin signings.

      What exactly has Byrnes done wrong? Not make a competent bullpen (something that is extremely difficult for a GM)?


      RIP TheManInBlack

      Comment


      • So the Pirates aren't going to bring up the kids for a while because they "have stuff to work on". What the **** do they have left to prove? I understand Alvarez, but he's been on fire as of late and will probably be ready for the majors in the next week. We are already out of the race. Why not bring the kids up and see what they can do? But instead we will continue to run out Aki, Clement, Morton, Burres, and hell, even Milledge.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          No he isn't. Edwin Jackson, Chad Qualls and Dan Haren have been extremely unlucky while Ian Kennedy is outperforming his expectations (although his peripherals aren't great) for the pitching side. The hitting side has seen Kelly Johnson and LaRoche work out pretty damn well for bargain bin signings.

          What exactly has Byrnes done wrong? Not make a competent bullpen (something that is extremely difficult for a GM)?
          I'm not being snide but how exactly has Chad Qualls been unlucky? (For fantasy purposes). He's been consistently terrible from what I've seen????
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

          - Ko Simpson

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            I'm not being snide but how exactly has Chad Qualls been unlucky? (For fantasy purposes). He's been consistently terrible from what I've seen????
            His BABIP is an absurd .476.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • Neil Walker is our everyday second baseman now! Aki to the bench! That's one step in the right direction.

              Comment


              • How is it not a bigger deal that Mark Teixera is only batting .220 (.330 OBP) a third of the way through the season? He's at .304 over the past week, or it'd barely be over .200.

                And the "he starts slow" argument doesn't cut it. He's making 20.6 million. Hit the ball ya dicknose.

                Comment


                • .281/.364, 6 HR, 25 RBI the past month is probably why.

                  That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                    How is it not a bigger deal that Mark Teixera is only batting .220 (.330 OBP) a third of the way through the season? He's at .304 over the past week, or it'd barely be over .200.

                    And the "he starts slow" argument doesn't cut it. He's making 20.6 million. Hit the ball ya dicknose.
                    Extremely unlucky.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Jeremy Hellickson: Tearing the IL a new asshole.

                      9.09 K/9, 1.63 BB/9, 2.25 FIP.

                      Also, with a FIP of 3.12, an ERA in the 6-7 range, and a BABIP of .439, Matt Moore is hilariously unlucky.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        So, David Ortiz finishes the month of May with a line like this:

                        .363/.424/.788/1.211, 10 HR, 27 RBI

                        He hasn't hit this well in a single month since September of 2007.
                        Back on the juice.

                        Oldie but a goodie.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                          Back on the juice.
                          His HR/FB rate hasn't been this high for a year since 2006.

                          Comment


                          • Hudson's MRI on his hand/wrist was inconclusive, and didn't make the trip to Seattle. Probably heading to the DL. He injured his hand when he hit it against Span's nut cup during the collision.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                            Comment


                            • 7 run 6th inning for the Fish woooo.

                              That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                                7 run 6th inning for the Fish woooo.
                                You have more runs than fans!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information