No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, can the Pirates play the Cubs all year? 6-1 against them with a very low ERA.

Comment

• Lincecum Day has sucked for the last 3-4 weeks.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Jimenez is benefiting from an absurd amount of luck. I'll take Halladay over the rest of the year as well...
        It's really hard for me to see 0.86 ERA and a .176 opponent batting average, along with 1 homerun and only 25 walks in 75+ innings as "luck." He's dominant and more than 9 years younger than Halladay. I think ya'll are crazy if you would take Halladay over Jimenez going forward. But that's me...Maybe I'm biased, because he has carried my fantasy team all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
          It's really hard for me to see 0.86 ERA and a .176 opponent batting average, along with 1 homerun and only 25 walks in 75+ innings as "luck." He's dominant and more than 9 years younger than Halladay. I think ya'll are crazy if you would take Halladay over Jimenez going forward. But that's me...Maybe I'm biased, because he has carried my fantasy team all year.
          Extremely high strand rate, extremely low HR/FB% and a very low BABIP. He's been very good, but for THIS YEAR, I would take Halladay going forward.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Extremely high strand rate, extremely low HR/FB% and a very low BABIP. He's been very good, but for THIS YEAR, I would take Halladay going forward.
            What's the wager? Wins, ERA, K's, CG's, I'll take Jimenez for any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
              What's the wager? Wins, ERA, K's, CG's, I'll take Jimenez for any.
              Greinke is 1-6 and is still pretty damn good, so that rules out your wins. Jimenez is not going to keep up this pace (Greinke had slightly worse basic numbers last year but far better peripherals at the time, and that's why he was able to keep it up) with his ERA, so that's not really very important. Halladay is the king of complete games in terms of any pitcher, and K's are pretty much a wash.

Halladay still wins.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• So, when will Carlos Santana start beasting in Cleveland?
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Greinke is 1-6 and is still pretty damn good, so that rules out your wins. Jimenez is not going to keep up this pace (Greinke had slightly worse basic numbers last year but far better peripherals at the time, and that's why he was able to keep it up) with his ERA, so that's not really very important. Halladay is the king of complete games in terms of any pitcher, and K's are pretty much a wash.

Halladay still wins.
                  **** you, but you're right. I've got nothing else. And ERA might be the most overrated stat in all of baseball. That was out of love.
                  Last edited by Whistler6; 05-31-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• if you divide era by wins per appearance % square rooted then times it by run support plus whip = epicness
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      So, when will Carlos Santana start beasting in Cleveland?
                      I'd assume some time within the next couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      **** you, Lions suck...But you're right. I've got nothing else. And ERA might be the most overrated stat in all of baseball.
                      =)
                      At least the city doesn't have Jeff Suppan.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Halladay still wins.
                        Uh you're forgetting the part where Ubaldo had the fastest fastball the last two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                          Uh you're forgetting the part where Ubaldo had the fastest fastball the last two years.
                          I don't see how that's relevant to my point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

At least the city doesn't have Jeff Suppan.
                            Ah, so nothing is off limits huh? The game done changed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                              His HR/FB rate hasn't been this high for a year since 2006.
                              But seriously, he's not juicing. He's just getting better with age. Like a good wine.

:rollseyes:

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Bronson Arroyo decided to have one of his bad games in an important game. Great.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information