No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official, Stephen Strasburg to make his major league debut on June 8th versus the Pittsburgh Pirates.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...=.jsp&c_id=was

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
      But seriously, he's not juicing. He's just getting better with age. Like a good wine.

:rollseyes:
      It's possible to gain some power as you age, and roids don't really change anything.

The Braves are in first place, woooooooooooooo! And since I'm also taking the reigns of a Rockies fan, UBALDO DOES IT AGAINNNNNNNNN (with a **** ton of pitches).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• If you had to name an all defensive MLB team, who would be on it?
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• C: Joe Mauer (I guess)
          1B: Albert Pujols
          2B: Chase Utley
          SS: Elvis Andrus
          3B: Adrian Beltre
          LF: Carl Crawford
          CF: Franklyn Gutierrez
          RF: Nelson Cruz (another I guess)

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            C: Joe Mauer (I guess)
            1B: Albert Pujols
            CF: Franklyn Gutierrez
            RF: Nelson Cruz (another I guess)
            Was wondering if you'd say Mauer. I love Mauer of course, but I think he's overrated defensively. Great arm, but sometimes I question his pitch calling and he's had some problems receiving the ball on plays at the plate, although he had an amazing tag in the Texas game on Saturday.

How about Ichiro in right? Or is he just overrated defensively? Markakis? Carlos Gonzalez? Choo?
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              Was wondering if you'd say Mauer. I love Mauer of course, but I think he's overrated defensively. Great arm, but sometimes I question his pitch calling and he's had some problems receiving the ball on plays at the plate, although he had an amazing tag in the Texas game on Saturday.

How about Ichiro in right? Or is he just overrated defensively? Markakis? Carlos Gonzalez? Choo?
              I don't think Markakis is all that great defensively, and Choo is good but his arm makes him seem better than he is. For the other two, CarGo will probably end up back in center eventually and for now, he's now overtly great in right, and Ichiro is probably up there with Cruz.

As for catcher, I would have said Laird but I think last year was an aberration of excellence.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• ******* Joe West.

Comment

• C: Yadier Molina (Love Mauer but the things Molina can do back there are insane)
                  1B: Mark Teixeira
                  2B: Brandon Phillips/O Dog
                  SS: Jimmy Rollins/Jeter
                  3B: David Wright
                  CF: Marlon Byrd
                  RF: Ichiro
                  Last edited by thenewfeature06; 05-31-2010, 06:53 PM.
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• well your shortstop might raise some eye brows. jusss saying
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                      C: Yadier Molina (Love Mauer but the things Molina can do back there are insane)
                      1B: Mark Teixeira
                      2B: Brandon Phillips/O Dog
                      SS: Derek Jeter
                      3B: David Wright
                      CF: Marlon Byrd
                      RF: Ichiro
                      Jeter and Hudson are extremely overrated defensively imo. Tex has a good glove but I dont think he has the range that Pujols has.

Comment

• Yeah Hudson can play too aggressive sometimes but Rollins is legit, you can't really go wrong with Jeter though IMO. And tex has a few gold gloves recently, he has great coordination.
                        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                        Coples is that dude.
                        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Jeter sucks defensively. I would take Asdrubal Cabrera while on the DL over Jeter.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                            Yeah Hudson can play too aggressive sometimes but Rollins is legit, you can't really go wrong with Jeter though IMO. And tex has a few gold gloves recently, he has great coordination.
                            Jeter has pretty much no range going up the middle. He better be prepared for a possible move to LF next year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• there is 0 chance jeter gets moved, especially to the outfield. his lack of range hasn't hurt the yankees and they've got nobody to replace him.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• C: Yadier Molina
                                1B: Albert Pujols / Justin Morneau
                                CF: Franklin Gutierrez
                                RF: Ichiro Suzuki / J.D. Drew

Comment

Working...
                                X