MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More positive news:

Daniel Bard has a 1.02 ERA and an 11.42 K/9 in his last 18 appearances. That also includes 11 appearances in a row without giving up a run.

Comment

• No Jughead. It goes back to the game last night where Pelfrey was cruising and took him out. If he let Pelfrey pitch last night like he should have then it would have been different. K-Rod was already overworked coming into the game tonight and then he still put him in for a 4 out save. Then he uses Valdes even after though we have Mejia on the team who apparently is just here to touch the ball in blowouts.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        No Jughead. It goes back to the game last night where Pelfrey was cruising and took him out. If he let Pelfrey pitch last night like he should have then it would have been different. K-Rod was already overworked coming into the game tonight and then he still put him in for a 4 out save. Then he uses Valdes even after though we have Mejia on the team who apparently is just here to touch the ball in blowouts.
        The same K-Rod who got in a shouting match/fight with the bullpen coach last time he didn't get used in a save situation. 3/4 of their job is managing personalities. You think K-Rod would have been a happy camper not being used last night? How exactly was he overworked anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          The same K-Rod who got in a shouting match/fight with the bullpen coach last time he didn't get used in a save situation. 3/4 of their job is managing personalities. You think K-Rod would have been a happy camper not being used last night? How exactly was he overworked anyway?
          Who gives a sh*t. He would have had to deal with it. The thing with Niemann was overblown anyway. He threw like 30 pitches last night which is when Jerry gives him the day off.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Don't get me wrong K-Rod blew it big time also but Jerry is just sooooo f'ing bad.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Who gives a sh*t. He would have had to deal with it. The thing with Niemann was overblown anyway. He threw like 30 pitches last night which is when Jerry gives him the day off.
              So where exactly do you think Jerry should go with a one run lead with the way your bullpen is currently configured? If you are going to pay K-Rod that money, you're going to use him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                So where exactly do you think Jerry should go with a one run lead with the way your bullpen is currently configured? If you are going to pay K-Rod that money, you're going to use him.
                Don't give him the 4 out save. Let him throw just the 1 if you really want to use him. Then to let him throw another 46 pitches tonight is asinine. 76 pitches in about 24 hours for a closer. Asking for trouble and injury.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• ^K-Rod just isn't that good. It's not Jerry's fault...
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Clearly the snowcone then the quick flip into the glove bugged Joyce out...
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I am still stunned ANYONE could have thought Donald was safe.I don't think Donald even thought he was safe

Comment

• Kurkjian wanted to know why the **** Joyce was watching Miggy field the ball and not the looming play at the plate.

I agree. Dude, swung his head around and watched the ball, not the base.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I always knew Moy was using some sort of substances. This just confirms.

Btw, it totally looked like Joyce was gonna throw his arm to call an out and then hesitated and panicked to call him safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              Kurkjian wanted to know why the **** Joyce was watching Miggy field the ball and not the looming play at the plate.

I agree. Dude, swung his head around and watched the ball, not the base.
                              Maybe Joyce was shocked Miggy was fielding it instead of letting the 2B get what looked like would have been a much easier play.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                I always knew Moy was using some sort of substances. This just confirms.

Btw, it totally looked like Joyce was gonna throw his arm to call an out and then hesitated and panicked to call him safe.
                                He was watching Cabby field the ball. His eyes should have been fixed on the base, preparing for the inevitable call coming.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information