Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Being reported that Mike Stanton should be up real soon.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by djp View Post
      Xio, you can't stand Galarraga..
      ... What!?
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
        Keep technology out of baseball. It is ****** this happened, refs blow calls its part of the game ,but im sure they get them right enough it should not be of concern. Still, i don't know how you miss that one that badly.
        How can you honestly take this stance? Why is instant replay a bad idea?
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Being reported that Mike Stanton should be up real soon.
          I really wish it happens tomorrow so I can go.

          Comment


          • Joyce is the home plate ump tomorrow for the Tigers-Indians.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

            Comment


            • I feel robbed...

              Comment


              • http://twitter.com/GovGranholm/status/15290930845

                Well there ya go. Everybody is happy now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WMD View Post
                  http://twitter.com/GovGranholm/status/15290930845

                  Well there ya go. Everybody is happy now.
                  The first good thing she's done as governor. Too bad she probably had no idea what happened and that tweet was posted by a staff member of hers.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

                  Comment


                  • Couple things I found on Rotoworld.


                    According to the Chicago Tribune's sources, the Cubs and Angels may be in trade talks involving Derrek Lee.

                    The Tribune called the sources "excellent," whatever that means. The Angels obviously lost their starting first baseman, Kendry Morales, for the season when he broke his leg in a home run celebration, so they could be motivated to make a move. The only remaining question is if they would assume the money still owed Lee. The Cubs owe him about $9 million over the remainder of the season, after which he will be a free agent. Lee is batting just .232/.339/.366 on the season.




                    Danny Valencia has been called up by the Twins, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune's Joe Christensen.

                    Valencia is batting a respectable .292 with 15 doubles and 24 RBI for Triple-A Rochester but has somehow managed to hit no home runs, which has to be a huge mystery for the Twins. He entered play on Wednesday with a humble .381 slugging percentage, way down from the .483 number he put over parts of two seasons at Double-A. Valencia is one of the Twins' top prospects and the fan base no doubt hopes he can dislodge Nick Punto from third base. If that's the best case scenario, the worst case would be that he is sent down in four days when Michael Cuddyer returns from the bereavement list.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      The first good thing she's done as governor. Too bad she probably had no idea what happened and that tweet was posted by a staff member of hers.
                      Well, she's a woman, so that's fairly obvious...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        Couple things I found on Rotoworld.


                        According to the Chicago Tribune's sources, the Cubs and Angels may be in trade talks involving Derrek Lee.

                        The Tribune called the sources "excellent," whatever that means. The Angels obviously lost their starting first baseman, Kendry Morales, for the season when he broke his leg in a home run celebration, so they could be motivated to make a move. The only remaining question is if they would assume the money still owed Lee. The Cubs owe him about $9 million over the remainder of the season, after which he will be a free agent. Lee is batting just .232/.339/.366 on the season.




                        Danny Valencia has been called up by the Twins, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune's Joe Christensen.

                        Valencia is batting a respectable .292 with 15 doubles and 24 RBI for Triple-A Rochester but has somehow managed to hit no home runs, which has to be a huge mystery for the Twins. He entered play on Wednesday with a humble .381 slugging percentage, way down from the .483 number he put over parts of two seasons at Double-A. Valencia is one of the Twins' top prospects and the fan base no doubt hopes he can dislodge Nick Punto from third base. If that's the best case scenario, the worst case would be that he is sent down in four days when Michael Cuddyer returns from the bereavement list.
                        I wouldn't wet my britches over Valencia coming up. He's pretty bad defensively and his bat does not merit being a major league 3rd basemen yet.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by djp View Post
                          I wouldn't wet my britches over Valencia coming up. He's pretty bad defensively and his bat does not merit being a major league 3rd basemen yet.
                          You live in Minnesota, what the hell are you doing saying britches?


                          RIP TheManInBlack

                          Comment


                          • Yeah Valencia isn't anything special. I would have been much more excited about this a year or two ago when I thought he could actually be a starting caliber third basemen but I don't really see it now.

                            Comment


                            • So Jesse Crain has gone like 5 outings in a row without completely ******* everything up. I'm not sure what to make of this.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                You live in Minnesota, what the hell are you doing saying britches?
                                I've never said it out loud if that helps
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information