Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    How can you honestly take this stance? Why is instant replay a bad idea?
    Why is it a good idea? Should they institute a football style challenge system? To many arguments can be made for where it should be used balls/strikes, whether a guy made a catch or if a runner beat the throw. Have to take the human error and just roll with it.
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

    Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

    Comment


    • Griffey Jr. retires.

      I was at the game where he got his first Major League hit, a double against Oakland. I've watched his entire career. I knew this is why he went back to Seattle, but this isn't how I envisioned it ending. I'm honestly a bit sad right now. Thanks for all the memories Ken.




      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
        Why is it a good idea? Should they institute a football style challenge system? To many arguments can be made for where it should be used balls/strikes, whether a guy made a catch or if a runner beat the throw. Have to take the human error and just roll with it.
        Balls/strikes is a mistake for replay (most of the time), but every other play shouldn't take more than a few seconds. Frak the human error ********.


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Balls/strikes is a mistake for replay (most of the time), but every other play shouldn't take more than a few seconds. Frak the human error ********.
          Even in football the replay system is not perfect and have blown calls.
          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

          Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

          Comment


          • baseball is far easier to tell if a mistake has been made

            Replay should be available for outs and HRs

            Comment


            • Joyce's audio from after the game.

              http://wxyt.cbslocal.com/2010/06/03/...-perfect-game/

              EDIT: I do have respect for Joyce for how he handled this afterward. It was an honest mistake, and he did everything he could do to rectify his mistake.

              It's on MLB to fix this.
              Last edited by Xiomera; 06-02-2010, 11:37 PM.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

              Comment


              • Yeah Jim, you really did "kick the ****" out of that call.




                2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                Comment


                • I think they should just close MLB down.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WMD View Post
                    I think they should just close MLB down.
                    Agreed. Let's just get rid of the sport. America's new past time is the NHL.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      Agreed. Let's just get rid of the sport. America's new past time is the NHL.
                      Hold on. Let's just start by getting rid of all umps named Jim and Joe.




                      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        Hold on. Let's just start by getting rid of all umps named Jim and Joe.
                        Brad Watson would have gotten the call right tonight.

                        Now THAT is saying something.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

                        Comment


                        • If MLB does in fact overrule the call(which I don't think they will) it puts them on a very slippery slope. Tons of bad calls have been made and while the magnitude of this one may be bigger once you start overruling calls after the fact it would be kind of BS to just pick and choose when to overturn and when not to.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                            If MLB does in fact overrule the call(which I don't think they will) it puts them on a very slippery slope. Tons of bad calls have been made and while the magnitude of this one may be bigger once you start overruling calls after the fact it would be kind of BS to just pick and choose when to overturn and when not to.

                            This. It sucks for Galaragga and all, but bad calls happen and tons have happened before that weren't changed. The best thing that can come from this is a new replay system which should have been around all along. I don't see what is stopping them from having a football like challenge system. Baseball and football games are the same length anyway it's not like the slowing down the game issue is that big of a deal.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              If MLB does in fact overrule the call(which I don't think they will) it puts them on a very slippery slope. Tons of bad calls have been made and while the magnitude of this one may be bigger once you start overruling calls after the fact it would be kind of BS to just pick and choose when to overturn and when not to.
                              Score keepers change calls all the time after games, why cant umps?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                                If MLB does in fact overrule the call(which I don't think they will) it puts them on a very slippery slope. Tons of bad calls have been made and while the magnitude of this one may be bigger once you start overruling calls after the fact it would be kind of BS to just pick and choose when to overturn and when not to.
                                I don't think it really compromises anything. The outcome of the game was not in question.

                                There is nothing wrong with setting this precedent. It's this stubbornness and unwillingness to do the right thing that makes me hate this sport. MLB needs to learn to adapt.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information