No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the article. There is a precedent.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      Read the article. There is a precedent.
      Because another commish threw out a bunch of no hitters? What were those circumstances? They were probably all pre 1890?

Comment

• The majority of them weren't thrown over a full 9 innings. The point is that the ruling doesn't affect the outcome of a game; it merely changes the way it is shown in the history books.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
        <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
        <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
        <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• Nope. Take a look at the games it impacted.

http://www.nonohitters.com/near-no-hitters/

Comment

Nope. Take a look at the games it impacted.

http://www.nonohitters.com/near-no-hitters/
            Not to disagree that it could be overturned, but none of those listed were changed because of an ump's call.

They were all changed from no hitters to not no hitters because either 9 innings weren't pitched or the game lasted longer than the 9 innings of no hit ball pitched. I actually agree with all the instances listed on that site. It shouldn't be a legitimate no hitter unless you complete at least 9 innings and there are no hits at the time the game ends.

Comment

• They should overturn the call. I don't give a damn about precedent or what it means for other blown calls.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Oh for fraks sake, JUST DEAL WITH REPLAY.
                lol you said frak.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Chevy just gave Armando Galarraga a new corvette.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• I didn't see this posted yet, but Ken Griffey Jr. retired today. One of the all time greats of our generation and a player that truly played the game the right way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                      If replay is instituted how would it work? Why not just workout a system to get rid of umpires completely since they have become such a liability. If he wants a perfect game go out and repeat the performance. Halladay i would say benefited from some sketchy strikeouts that could have been walks. It goes both ways. Should MLB go back and review the ball/strikes on him to see if a guy really should have been walked?
                      Balls and strikes can never be argued, and will never be subject to replay.

By nature, the determination of pitch location is subjective. Whether a player is out or safe is not really the same. It's one thing or the other, whereas there is no physical definition of the strike zone. I don't think anyone would make an issue of this.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• 3 up, 3 down for Rick Porcello.

He's gonna throw a perfect game.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                          I didn't see this posted yet, but Ken Griffey Jr. retired today. One of the all time greats of our generation and a player that truly played the game the right way.

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                          Griffey Jr. retires.

I was at the game where he got his first Major League hit, a double against Oakland. I've watched his entire career. I knew this is why he went back to Seattle, but this isn't how I envisioned it ending. I'm honestly a bit sad right now. Thanks for all the memories Ken.
                          Yeah, I read about it yesterday. What I love most about Griffey is that in this whole "steroid era" mess, his name never came up.

Comment

Yeah, I read about it yesterday. What I love most about Griffey is that in this whole "steroid era" mess, his name never came up.
                            My bad, I didn't feel like going through 5+ pages of Jim Joyce bashing to find out haha.

And yeah, Griffey was my favorite player to root for outside of anyone on the Braves.

Comment

• Cool Griffey story...

In 1989, on a trip to Bakersfield, I went into a card shop and saw this cool baseball card. The shop owner said it was the first card from a new card company called Upper deck. Card #1 was this rookie phenom named Ken Griffey Jr. I bought the card for 3 bucks. The next week my best friend, Jeremy, had a birthday party. Knowing we were both avid card collectors, the card became a present. Who knew.

Comment

• Ajax has made two more really impressive running catches in the first two innings today.

This kid is a future gold glover for sure. Just has to wait til Hunter and Ichiro retire it seems.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information