MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      Cool Griffey story...

In 1989, on a trip to Bakersfield, I went into a card shop and saw this cool baseball card. The shop owner said it was the first card from a new card company called Upper deck. Card #1 was this rookie phenom named Ken Griffey Jr. I bought the card for 3 bucks. The next week my best friend, Jeremy, had a birthday party. Knowing we were both avid card collectors, the card became a present. Who knew.
      Also the first card ever to incorporate some kind of graphic art, making a San Bernardino Spirits hat look pretty indentical to a then Mariners hat.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• My little Junior story. We took a group trip to Yankee Stadium when I was little. Not sure the exact date but I'd guess 91 or 92. And Griffey hit a screaming foul ball all the way to the upper deck on first base side towards right field. My mother was sitting like 4 rows behind me cause the group had like 4 or 5 rows of tickets. The ball nearly took her head off. And instead of being concerned that she's ok and not flustered or whatever, I yelled at her for not catching a ball that Griffey had hit.

Comment

• God I hope that should-be perfect game was what the Tigers needed to light a fire under them.

They're crushing the ball offensively today, leading 5-1, but I know this is the Indians we're facing.

That said, maybe this can be their rallying point. They'd lost 8 of 10 before last night's game.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Damn it, the Indians are blooping their way back into this game.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Why do 1st base umpires hate us?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• LOL, the first base ump just blew another call in the Detroit-Cleveland game.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  Ajax has made two more really impressive running catches in the first two innings today.

This kid is a future gold glover for sure. Just has to wait til Hunter and Ichiro retire it seems.
                  He's already light years better than Torii, but he has a ways to go to be as good as Gutierrez is.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    He's already light years better than Torii, but he has a ways to go to be as good as Gutierrez is.
                    It's about perception and history. We all know the voters don't actually watch enough games to know who to vote for. They vote off reputation and offensive prowess.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• We can clearly blame the lost perfect game on the Curse of Bill(y) Buckner.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• James Joyces best poem yet
                        I KICKED THE SH*T OUT OF THAT CALL! I KICKED THE SH*T!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• God I hate Laird and Everett.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                            James Joyces best poem yet
                            I like it. Some poets might have gone for a Haiku, or put it in iambic pentameter. The free form of this little dandy is astounding.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I forgot to talk about Griffey in the mist of all this perfect game stuff. He is one of my all time faves and it sucks to see him go. If he stayed healthy, he would have CRUSHED the HR record, **** Bonds, Griffey would have gotten close to 800, and best of all, WITHOUT ROIDS! We'll miss you Kenny!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                                I'll never do anything like spit or throw a ball, but I definitely let umpires know if they've blown the call. Kid missed 1st base by 3 feet running on a bases clearing triple in the 7th inning of a tie game and the ump missed it. Ridiculous.
                                There is screwing up a call because of human error, and then there is just being lazy. I run up and down the lines to make sure I'm close. The teams seem to be much more accepting of calls when I do that. Still, it's not always a fun gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information