MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
    Anyone ever heard of Brian Jacques' Redwall series? The Badger lords in those novels enter into something called the "Bloodwrath" when they fight...Whenever a Cubs' fan calls Miller Park "Wrigley North," I go into bloodwrath.
    Haha that's so awesome. Bloodwrath might be my new favorite word. Thanks.

And up until about 5 years ago, it pretty much was Wrigley North.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      Haha that's so awesome. Bloodwrath might be my new favorite word. Thanks.

And up until about 5 years ago, it pretty much was Wrigley North.
      When the Cubs come to Miller Park for a series, it still is.

=(

Comment

• Maggs is a single away from the cycle...unfortunately he probably wont get another AB

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
          When the Cubs come to Miller Park for a series, it still is.

=(
          Well on that note, I really like Miller Park. I went in like 05 to I think it was a Brewers-Cards game. This was back before Braun came up and before they were contending, but Prince was already there. We wanted seats in the outfield, but they were sold out. Was real close to buying Uecker seats for like $2 or whatever it was, but ultimately ended up getting upper deck behind home about 5 rows back for pretty cheap. Little did I know that it was the "family" section, so no alcohol and swearing was frowned upon. But it was a good time, I want to go back for a Cubs-Brewers game. I especially loved getting waffle cheese fries in a mini Brewers helmet.

I imagine that now ticket prices aren't nearly as low as they were back then. It was nice to be able to go to a game and A. walk up and buy tickets the day of and B. not pay like $60 to sit upper deck last row.

Comment

Well on that note, I really like Miller Park. I went in like 05 to I think it was a Brewers-Cards game. This was back before Braun came up and before they were contending, but Prince was already there. We wanted seats in the outfield, but they were sold out. Was real close to buying Uecker seats for like $2 or whatever it was, but ultimately ended up getting upper deck behind home about 5 rows back for pretty cheap. Little did I know that it was the "family" section, so no alcohol and swearing was frowned upon. But it was a good time, I want to go back for a Cubs-Brewers game. I especially loved getting waffle cheese fries in a mini Brewers helmet.

I imagine that now ticket prices aren't nearly as low as they were back then. It was nice to be able to go to a game and A. walk up and buy tickets the day of and B. not pay like $60 to sit upper deck last row.
            Yeah I love Miller Park. Before they became (somewhat) relevant, it was easy and incredibly cheap to get tickets the day of. Now weekends are pretty much always sold out. I can cope with standing in line or paying extra though...It's a quality park, pretty much amazing when you spent half your childhood being forced to attend Twins' games at the toilet bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
              Maggs is a single away from the cycle...unfortunately he probably wont get another AB
              He hit a triple....? Was Raul Ibanez playing all 3 outfield positions with Johnny Damon's arm fused in place of his?
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                Maggs is a single away from the cycle...unfortunately he probably wont get another AB
                That or be called out at first on a play he easily beat.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I've been to Miller Park about 4 times in the past 4 years... it's a nice stadium, very comfortable and such. Good views all around, concessions are good and everything. Tailgating is fun, but otherwise, it's a really boring place to watch a baseball game.

I've been to a number of Cubs-Brewers games there, and it's simply boring. The park just doesn't have any character.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                    I've been to Miller Park about 4 times in the past 4 years... it's a nice stadium, very comfortable and such. Good views all around, concessions are good and everything. Tailgating is fun, but otherwise, it's a really boring place to watch a baseball game.

I've been to a number of Cubs-Brewers games there, and it's simply boring. The park just doesn't have any character.
                    Bernie Brewer diving down the slide after a homerun and the sausages chasing each other around isn't character? But, but, but we have a retractable roof too. You are kinda right though...There is no history at the New Miller Park. Unless it's a matchup between aces, there isn't a whole lot of excitement brought there. I still love it though, but that's me being a homer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      He will always have a ridiculous, David Wright esque BABIP.
                      Not .450. Maybe .350 with his speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        If they played it anywhere else, they would have played in front of a crowd of hundreds and the Astros would have lost money in the situation. This year the Blue Jays are playing a home game in Philly against Philly. And I'm sure they aren't terribly upset because they just got 3 sell outs compared to the empty crowd they normally play in front of.
                        Those games would have sold pretty well in Toronto. And I am positive that if Doc ptiched a game it would have been a sell out.

Comment

• I just heard the audio of Jim Joyce, pretty funny but also kinda feel bad for him in a way but not really because any ump in that situation knew his call would determine something like that and if it's even close why call it for the other team in that particular situation, u also got to give a hand to Armando through this whole ordeal. also **** Bud Selig when will he retire? next year? not soon enough

Comment

• Again, I say we kidnapp Selig and Joyce and keep them hostage til they reverse the call and give Armando what he deserves.

NEVER FORGET, JUNE 2nd, ARMANDO GALARRAGA PERFECT GAME! 28 UP, 28 DOWN!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Why can't Selig just make a new rule that says that the last out of a no hitter or a perfect game can be reviewed using replay after the game has ended? That's all that needs to be done and it won't change anything else.

Anyway not enough can be said as to how Galarraga has handled this siuation. True sportmanship and grace at it's finest.
                              Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 06-03-2010, 04:10 PM.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Baseball should just have challenges like football.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information