No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Capuano is back in the majors after his second Tommy John surgery and is making his first start since 2007 tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
      Can't Bud Selig just die already. How can you not change this call? Yeah, it'd probably open up an entirely new can of worms, but you can't just sit back and act like there isn't a problem when there clearly is.
      seriously,

What the hell does he even do during the season? Maybe next season the winner of the home run derby will get home field advantage in the wild card round, ******* old coot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
        Of course referees get calls wrong, you're not breaking any ground there. I think you're missing the point entirely actually, there is no controversy to this call whatsoever, he was out by a country mile, everybody that watches the tape can see that, even the umpire that made the call agreed with that.

Overturning this call would not only have zero impact on the game, but it would also give the kid a perfect game, something that he, in all likelyhood, will never get close to achieving again in his career.

Another thing, how the **** does Jim Joyce make that call with 1 out in the ninth? How do you call somebody that "close" safe when the pitchers went 8 perfect innings? Yeah Jim Joyce has handled the entire situation with class and respect, but the fact that he made that call should follow him around for the rest of his career. And rightfully so, that was just a joke of a call, god I can't believe that happened. /rant
        hmmm.... I see your point. But here's my thinking and my argument, how can you prioritize one game over another.

such as, I don't think Bud Selig can be like "oh ok, it's just one game that probably has no meaning"

Every game should have equal importance (regular season and postseason alike) in which commissioners and etc. should have no business affecting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          seriously, What the hell does he even do during the season?
          He counts his $18 million salary and laughs maniacally.

(I'm just guessing)

Comment

• The NFL has different rules for playoff games and regular season and noone has made a big stink about that.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              The NFL has different rules for playoff games and regular season and noone has made a big stink about that.
              Same with the NHL. Shame on Bud for taking the easy way out.
              I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                Same with the NHL. Shame on Bud for taking the easy way out.
                The easy way out would be to overrule it. That would shut everyone up about the call and deflect criticism away from MLB. Bud took the much more difficult route...but the better one.

Comment

• The best route would be full instant replay immediately.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Chris Capuano is back in the majors after his second Tommy John surgery and is making his first start since 2007 tonight.
                    Wish him well. Very tough to come back from two surgeries like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      The best route would be full instant replay immediately.
                      On balls and strikes also?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• There is actually a pretty big history of MLB changing outcomes of games: taking away perfect games, the George Brett pinetar game, etc.

If they don't fix this, then Bud Selig is incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          On balls and strikes also?
                          No, but the 5th umpire thing I said earlier.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Can we please create the Armando Galarraga Sportsmanship Award please?

The first recipient? Armando Galarraga.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• In other news, Bud Selig is the worst human in the history of history.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Funny thing is, Galarraga's perfect game will be remembered far longer than Braden's or Halladay's. Would the official record agreeing be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? Not really, since those kinds of accomplishments always mean the most to the fans anyway.

Not saying that Selig couldn't have overturned the ruling without much problem down the road, but I don't think the difference made is huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information