MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    Funny thing is, Galarraga's perfect game will be remembered far longer than Braden's or Halladay's. Would the official record agreeing be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? Not really, since those kinds of accomplishments always mean the most to the fans anyway.

Not saying that Selig couldn't have overturned the ruling without much problem down the road, but I don't think the difference made is huge.
    It'll be remembered more in the short run, but not in the long run. If that makes sense. It'll be talked about more now and maybe for the next 5-10 years, but in the distant future when people look at perfect games they'll see Braden and Halladay in the record book while Galarraga will be missing.

Comment

• To play devil's advocate has anyone really gone into a book to see who threw a perfect game anyway?
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It will be talked about for a long time, but for all the wrong reasons.

This was the most improbable perfect game that I'm aware of. Armando Galaragga was in the minor leagues 2.5 weeks ago. He's a relative nobody compared even to Dallas Braden, who was put on the map thanks to his perfecto.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Len Barker, Mike Witt, and Tom Browning are all such big names in baseball circles.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'd say Braden was put on the map for yelling at Alex Rodriguez before he was put on the map for the perfect game.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Len Barker, Mike Witt, and Tom Browning are all such big names in baseball circles.
              I'm going to remind people of Armando's perfection for the rest of my life, just to keep it alive.

Errr, I mean until Tuesday when Armando throws a perfect game against Chicago.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                To play devil's advocate has anyone really gone into a book to see who threw a perfect game anyway?
                I did the day after Halladay just to see who has and that this is only the second time 2 perfects have been thrown in one season(last was in 1880's) and that it is now the first season ever in major league history to have 3 perfectos.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• IMO, put his name in the books with an * and say at the bottom
                  "*- Blown call in 9th innning with 2 outs, addmited by Comish, Ump and everyone else in the world that it was a perfect game, but never truely over-turned"

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                    IMO, put his name in the books with an * and say at the bottom
                    "*- Blown call in 9th innning with 2 outs, addmited by Comish, Ump and everyone else in the world that it was a perfect game, but never truely over-turned"
                    Agreed. Who would object to this if it were clearly spelled out?

You could add some of the other historic gaffes as well. Not team achievements, but stuff like this. Sure there were blown calls that altered the course of playoff series' but no single call determined the ultimate outcome.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                      Again, I say we kidnapp Selig and Joyce and keep them hostage til they reverse the call and give Armando what he deserves.

NEVER FORGET, JUNE 2nd, ARMANDO GALARRAGA PERFECT GAME! 28 UP, 28 DOWN!
                      There's living scared, and then there's doing the right thing. Selig chose the former. Maybe Selig won't make the change, but the Hall of Fame can still recognize greatness. Mark it in the record books, perfect game.

Comment

• Armando for the Hall of Fame.

DO IT.

His legend grows.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• WOO Leo strikes out Hart to finish the game. JJ improves to 6-2, 2.10 ERA on the season.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• enough about armando ******* gallaraga, jesus.

if the umpire doesn't mess that call up, 21 people have thrown a perfect game, and in two weeks nobody gives a ****. as it stands, he did, it won't be changed, so 20 people have officially thrown a perfect game, and in two weeks i'm guessing there still won't be anyone who really gives a ****.

i'm sure i'll get an enormous amount of flack for this, but this **** spans the past ten plus pages

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                              enough about armando ******* gallaraga, jesus.

if the umpire doesn't mess that call up, 21 people have thrown a perfect game, and in two weeks nobody gives a ****. as it stands, he did, it won't be changed, so 20 people have officially thrown a perfect game, and in two weeks i'm guessing there still won't be anyone who really gives a ****.

i'm sure i'll get an enormous amount of flack for this, but this **** spans the past couple pages.
                              Dude, what is your problem?
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                                Dude, what is your problem?
                                like 10 pages of a thread about one ******* call.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information