Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    Dude, what is your problem?
    do you think i'm pissed because i'm cussing? i just cuss excessively as a bad habit.

it's just ridiculous every other post about him is a complaint, not a discussion. if we want to discuss things that could have prevented this to play devil's advocate, i can handle that, but i can't sift through this thread without reading a post about this guy.

and i understand this thread doesn't cater to me, but good god if this happened to some random red sox pitcher and i kept bitching about it i guarantee you i'd be told to shut the hell up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      like 10 pages of a thread about one ******* call.
      Your point? It is the most discussed news item in the country ... and this is a baseball discussion thread.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        Your point? It is the most discussed news item in the country ... and this is a baseball discussion thread.
        That he has the right to get annoyed by it. I mean Brett Favre may be the most alked about football story doesn't mean I don't find it ******* annoying.

Comment

• armando galaraggazzz

Comment

That he has the right to get annoyed by it. I mean Brett Favre may be the most alked about football story doesn't mean I don't find it ******* annoying.
            Sigh ......
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• If he has the right to whine then they have a right to whine about him whining and he has the right to OH **** ITS A CIRCLE.

Quit whining and talk about baseball. :/

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

How about this, we'll stop talking about Galarraga when you stop harassing Hines.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  How about this, we'll stop talking about Galarraga when you stop harassing Hines.
                  I won't agree to that. I'm gonna work Armando into every post of mine on the forums.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• 2 perfect games in 1 season hasn't happened in over 100 years. 3? Never...It's the most talked about, because it should be. Something that has never EVER been done before in the history of the entire league took place last night, and it will not be officially recognized because of a blown call.

I think what deserves more recognition though is the way the Tigers handled it along with Joyce, especially when they applauded the umpires before today's game. With all the **** going on in this country, they chose to forgive and (try to) forget. Admitting his error and being candid about it puts Joyce far and away above anything I've ever seen a referee/umpire do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      There is actually a pretty big history of MLB changing outcomes of games: taking away perfect games, the George Brett pinetar game, etc.

If they don't fix this, then Bud Selig is incompetent.
                      The Geroge Brett pinetar game was actually replayed all together. Forget whether the whole game was replayed from the start as a whole new game or if it was just replayed from the point of the incident.

But that was pretty stupid as well. Because the AL president admitted the rule was called correctly by the ump but decided even though it was called correctly, it wasn't in the best interest of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        I wouldn't call it harassing. I'd call it pathetic stalking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          The Geroge Brett pinetar game was actually replayed all together. Forget whether the whole game was replayed from the start as a whole new game or if it was just replayed from the point of the incident.

But that was pretty stupid as well. Because the AL president admitted the rule was called correctly by the ump but decided even though it was called correctly, it wasn't in the best interest of the game.
                          They just continued the game from the bottom of the 9th inning. And yeah, even though having that much pine tar was against the rules they claimed that the home run should stand because pine tar does not benefit the hitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            They just continued the game from the bottom of the 9th inning. And yeah, even though having that much pine tar was against the rules they claimed that the home run should stand because pine tar does not benefit the hitter.
                            That situation was just stupid all around.

But I'm still firmly against changing the call for Gallaraga. Calls are blown with crucial wins and losses on the line in more important situations like the playoffs or world series. Wouldn't it be in the "best interest of the game" for those calls to be correct too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              That situation was just stupid all around.

But I'm still firmly against changing the call for Gallaraga. Calls are blown with crucial wins and losses on the line in more important situations like the playoffs or world series. Wouldn't it be in the "best interest of the game" for those calls to be correct too?
                              Perhaps, but you can make the opposite argument just as easily. It's because of the fact that the play had no effect on the win and loss that it's justifiable to change it.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I have no problem with Xio or any Tiger fan bitching about that call. I would ***** as much as they are as well. A perfect game is a once in a lifetime oppertunity to get. Even the greatest of pitchers can't get one and to have the ump take it away from you? Oh man. Galaraga is a better man than I am for him to just play it off like it was nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information