MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Completely agree with the Ellsbury thing. What exactly has he done (defensively or offensively) to show that he'll be the best CF over the next 5 years, over guys like Austin Jackson (who's already a billion times better), Colby Rasmus, Andrew McCutchen, Matt Kemp, Franklin Gutierrez....
    Even when he first came up I never got the hype. BA had him a top 20 prospect at one point. Him and Gardner are indentical players basically. Each do somethings a little better than the other, but close enough. Both are very nice complimentary players on a team because they have one tool that's so ridiculously better than most players. But that's about it. Neither are going to be players you build a team around.

Comment

• My eyes must deceive me. Chan Ho Park just pitched 2 scoreless innings in extra innings.

Comment

• AARON HILL....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Can't wait to go the game tomorrow.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Even when he first came up I never got the hype. BA had him a top 20 prospect at one point. Him and Gardner are indentical players basically. Each do somethings a little better than the other, but close enough. Both are very nice complimentary players on a team because they have one tool that's so ridiculously better than most players. But that's about it. Neither are going to be players you build a team around.
          I'd rather have Gardner if I were to pick from the two.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            I'd rather have Gardner if I were to pick from the two.
            I think it's really close. If it is Gardner it's by ever so little. I'd rather have Gardner too because while Ellsbury has more power, Gardner has better discipline and OBP. Which should allow him to take advantage of his speed more. But for two basically identical players, Ellsbury just got so much more hype. Maybe it was draft position when they were taken and because going into the minors Ellsbury had played better competition in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              I think it's really close. If it is Gardner it's by ever so little. I'd rather have Gardner too because while Ellsbury has more power, Gardner has better discipline and OBP. Which should allow him to take advantage of his speed more. But for two basically identical players, Ellsbury just got so much more hype. Maybe it was draft position when they were taken and because going into the minors Ellsbury had played better competition in college.
              Ellsbury is also injury prone and bad at CF defense.

Comment

• I really don't get what happened with Ellsbury. He had really good walk rates in the minors and was always very good defensively. Then when he moved up to the majors, it's like he took a step back.

Comment

• Can one of the SABR guys give me some info on how the Jays starters are doing this year "Sabr-wise" specifically Marcum and Romero

Comment

• Matt Kemp is a horrible CF

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                      Can one of the SABR guys give me some info on how the Jays starters are doing this year "Sabr-wise" specifically Marcum and Romero
                      I'm not a SABR guy. But Romero is pretty f'ing great right now.

Comment

Can one of the SABR guys give me some info on how the Jays starters are doing this year "Sabr-wise" specifically Marcum and Romero

Both have been pretty amazing with not too much luck. Marcum's probably going to start to give up some more HRs soon though.

Comment

Romero is pitching very well. Excellent FIP and K/9. BABIP and LOB% are normal. His HR/FB is a tad low, so you might expect to see a few more home runs given up. However, other than that he's been one of the top pitchers in the majors this year. Marcum has been similar. Very good FIP and decent K/9. BABIP and LOB% are right around his career averages. Like Romero, the HR/FB rate is pretty low and will probably go up. Both are pitching well and I wouldn't expect to see a significant drop in either player's production.

Comment

• Cutch and Neil Walker at 1 and 2 is the sex. Cutch has two doubles in two at bats and Walker is continuing to just crush the ball.

Comment

• Pirates have hit for the cycle this inning. Cutch with a double, Walker with a tripple, Doumit with a homer, and now Jones with a single. All in a row.

Comment

• **** you Kevin Youkilis.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information