Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
    The O's actually won a game!
    And Markakis drove in the winning run with a good piece of hitting!! Now keep Crowley away from him and he may blossom. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      Impossible. He's gonna win 25 games with an ERA under 1.50.
      Jackson with a 2r HR :D

Umbaldo is done, 7+ innings, 2 ER and a man on 1st

what a terrible start
      Last edited by fenikz; 06-06-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Brad Lincoln is rumored to make his Major League debut on Wednesday.

Comment

• John Jaso has a BB/K ratio of 1.8 as a hitter. That's absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Jackson with a 2r HR :D

Umbaldo is done, 7+ innings, 2 ER and a man on 1st

what a terrible start
            That was impostor Ubaldo for the 8th inning.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• It really sucks that Delmon Young will never live up to his gigantic potential. The guy shows flashes of sheer mastery, sometimes for weeks at a time, but he just does not have the discipline or plate vision to be a consistent offensive player.. another prime example that a batting eye is a god given ability, not an acquired skill. His bat speed is insane, he can reach any pitch, pretty good baserunner, lots of power, but it's just never going to come all together, I'm afraid.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                It really sucks that Delmon Young will never live up to his gigantic potential. The guy shows flashes of sheer mastery, sometimes for weeks at a time, but he just does not have the discipline or plate vision to be a consistent offensive player.. another prime example that a batting eye is a god given ability, not an acquired skill. His bat speed is insane, he can reach any pitch, pretty good baserunner, lots of power, but it's just never going to come all together, I'm afraid.
                Who would have thought there is a good chance he'll never be as good as his brother?

Comment

• delmon is on pace to have 105 rbi's, dmitri never broke 90. he's also on pace to have 62 xbh, which would almost match dmitri's career high. he's also on pace to have a relatively solid season k/bb wise. he's 24 with a lot of room for improvement, i'd say he'll easily match dmitri's career.

not saying he'll reach his potential, but don't write him off yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                    delmon is on pace to have 105 rbi's, dmitri never broke 90. he's also on pace to have 62 xbh, which would almost match dmitri's career high. he's also on pace to have a relatively solid season k/bb wise. he's 24 with a lot of room for improvement, i'd say he'll easily match dmitri's career.

At the same age over his next three seasons, Dmitri averaged .305/.354/.491. Delmon has not approached those numbers yet, and I'm sure Twins fans would be quite pleased if he did.
                    Last edited by Jughead10; 06-06-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                      delmon is on pace to have 105 rbi's, dmitri never broke 90. he's also on pace to have 62 xbh, which would almost match dmitri's career high. he's also on pace to have a relatively solid season k/bb wise. he's 24 with a lot of room for improvement, i'd say he'll easily match dmitri's career.

Dmitri wasn't in as good of a lineup as Delmon is, so RBIs is a bit silly to use. Delmon has a career wOBA of .320, Dmitri's is .352. Dmitri had a wOBA of .364 in his Age 24 season. Delmon, so far with a BABIP below his career average, is .327.

It'll be close.

Comment

• The Mets craziness at home continues. I've never seen a baseball team be so good at home and then go on the road and become terrible. It's weird.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Carlos Gonzalez, CF is having an underrated year for the Rockies

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                            Carlos Gonzalez, CF is having an underrated year for the Rockies
                            Underrated by who? Anyone that's paying attention sees what he's doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              Underrated by who? Anyone that's paying attention sees what he's doing.
                              Underrated was a poor word choice. I hadn't heard his name come up all season and found it interesting since he was traded a couple of times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                                Underrated was a poor word choice. I hadn't heard his name come up all season and found it interesting since he was traded a couple of times.
                                Between him and Ethier, I'm convinced Oakland is doomed to trade away all their good hitters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information