No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Strausberg is not the only phenom making his debut Tuesday. The Marlins are calling up Mike Stanton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Between him and Ethier, I'm convinced Oakland is doomed to trade away all their good hitters.
      i never can quite figure out what oakland is trying do. they just are kind of running in a circle. they have a star player, but not a lot of talent around him. they trade said player for a few prospects. one of those prospects develops into a star player. they trade HIM for a few prospects, etc.

obviously it seems like eventually all those guys you get make a solid core of players, but the a's haven't ever really seemed to put it together for a solid playoff run.

Comment

• though we haven't been at it as long d'bacls take the opposite approach

Trade all your prospects for a star player, continue to lose, player leaves, trade all your prospects for a star player, continue to lose

Comment

• I'd like to add Ricky Romero to my top 10 for the next ten years for pitchers
          Originally posted by njx9
          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            Braun, Fielder, and Gallardo for Milledge, Clement, and Morton. We'll throw in Aki for shits and giggles.
            Can the Tigers have Craig Counsell for free please?
            And you get a player! And you get a player! Take 'em all...It's inevitable anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              though we haven't been at it as long d'bacls take the opposite approach

Trade all your prospects for a star player, continue to lose, player leaves, trade all your prospects for a star player, continue to lose
              Would you let the Byrnes hate go. The only trade that even remotely resembles that is the Dan Haren trade.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• They did give up a lot of talent for Haren but it worked out for both sides as long as Anderson doesn't become the new Rich Harden.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The future of MLB coaching

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Would you let the Byrnes hate go. The only trade that even remotely resembles that is the Dan Haren trade.
                    I have Byrnes in my fantasy rec softball league. Not funny I know. Atleast he was always an effort guy, from what I've seen/heard/read.
                    Last edited by Whistler6; 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• When did Carlos Silva become good?

Comment

• You know the Pirates wanted to lose when Dana Eveland and Jack Taschner pitch.

Comment

• Buster_ESPN:
                          Confirmed: Jeff Suppan has been released by the Brewers. Think about the free agent class that year:Zito 126m, Meche 55m, Schmidt 47m, Suppan 42m; Lilly 40m; Batista 25m; Marquis 21m; Padilla 20m. It's like viewing a list of stocks before the '08 crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                            Buster_ESPN:
                            Confirmed: Jeff Suppan has been released by the Brewers. Think about the free agent class that year:Zito 126m, Meche 55m, Schmidt 47m, Suppan 42m; Lilly 40m; Batista 25m; Marquis 21m; Padilla 20m. It's like viewing a list of stocks before the '08 crash.

To be fair Lilly has been a great deal for the Cubs.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              When did Carlos Silva become good?
                              http://www.dpjs.co.uk/sell.html

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Remember that one time when Armando Galarraga threw a perfect game?

Yeah, that was neat.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information