Pen:
    CL Rafael Soriano
    SU Grant Balfour
    MR Dan Wheeler
    MR Lance Cormier
    MR Randy Choate
    MR Joaquin Benoit
    LR Andy Sonnanstine

J.P. Howell will start on DL, be back in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I think Pagan will win the CF spot while Beltran is gone.

Disagree. He's clearly better, but let's not forget, this is Jerry Manuel and Omar Minaya. We had absolutely no reason to trade for Matthews and yet we still did, so I'm going to assume we have it in mind for him to be the starter.

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      I agree, but ATL is a pessimist and putting GMJ in at CF fits his mold of thinking.
      It fits my mold of thinking because the Mets are a terrible organization. We tried to get GMJ all winter for a reason. This most sickening quote came just 2 days ago:

"The center field part is very important to us right now. We came in here with the mantra that we’re going to catch the baseball, play good defense, that type of thing, so we’ll see how that turns out. But right now, we have Gary and Angel slated for that spot."

So, I think it's more than fair to assume GMJ is in an open competition, and he's got better spring numbers, which is probably the most important thing in the world to Jerry. You might be able to convince me that we are trying to showcase him, but no one wanted him from the Angles for free (except for us), so why would anyone possibly want him now?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        Disagree. He's clearly better, but let's not forget, this is Jerry Manuel and Omar Minaya. We had absolutely no reason to trade for Matthews and yet we still did, so I'm going to assume we have it in mind for him to be the starter.

It fits my mold of thinking because the Mets are a terrible organization. We tried to get GMJ all winter for a reason. This most sickening quote came just 2 days ago:

"The center field part is very important to us right now. We came in here with the mantra that we’re going to catch the baseball, play good defense, that type of thing, so we’ll see how that turns out. But right now, we have Gary and Angel slated for that spot."

So, I think it's more than fair to assume GMJ is in an open competition, and he's got better spring numbers, which is probably the most important thing in the world to Jerry. You might be able to convince me that we are trying to showcase him, but no one wanted him from the Angles for free (except for us), so why would anyone possibly want him now?
        Well there have been reports that the Reds are interested in GMJ, and you know how Dusty Baker loves him some gritty players!

And we're not a terribly run organization. We are certainly stupid though if GMJ is our everyday center fielder until Carlos returns, and we stunt Mejia's growth by putting him in the pen.

Say what you will about the Mets, but we're not terrible. Are we below average considering the payroll we put out? Yes, I'd say so.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          whoa my friend....whoa!

One of best friends from our college team last year is in the Orioles organization, and is said to be their number 1 catching prospect. He actually got called up to Big league spring training last week.

Im sorry if this offends any O's fans but i think he may be your guys' future behind the dish, because i believe Wieters is bound for first base....

....just my opinion though. Im sorry if i made you guys mad lol

Caleb Joseph?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            Caleb Joseph?
            No its not Joseph...his name is Brian Ward...if you get a chance to see him play defense behind the dish, you will be very happy with what you see.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Off the top of my head...

Baltimore Orioles

2B Brian Roberts
              CF Adam Jones
              RF Nick Markakis
              LF Nolan Reimold
              3B Miggy Tejada
              DH Luke Scott
              C Matt Wieters
              1B Garret Atkins
              SS Cesar Izturis

BENCH

INF Robert Andino
              UTI Ty Wigginton
              OF Felix Pie
              C Chad Moeller

SP1- Kevin Millwood
              SP2- Jeremy Guthrie
              SP3- Brad Bergesen
              SP4- Brian Matusz
              SP5- Chris Tillman

CL- Mike Gonzalez
              SU- Jim Johnson
              RP- Kam Mickolio
              RP- Koji Uehara
              RP- Mark Hendrickson
              RP- Cla Meredith/David Hernandez?
              RP- Will Ohlman

Comment

• I can definitely see Cla in the bullpen, but I love the guy. Hendrickson/Uehara is interchangeable

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  No its not Joseph...his name is Brian Ward...if you get a chance to see him play defense behind the dish, you will be very happy with what you see.
                  Ward isn't really a top prospect by any means, cool story though

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                    Well there have been reports that the Reds are interested in GMJ, and you know how Dusty Baker loves him some gritty players!

And we're not a terribly run organization. We are certainly stupid though if GMJ is our everyday center fielder until Carlos returns, and we stunt Mejia's growth by putting him in the pen.

Say what you will about the Mets, but we're not terrible. Are we below average considering the payroll we put out? Yes, I'd say so.

The Reds stuff turned out to be false. And we certainly are terribly run. With the amount of money we spend, we should be in the playoffs rather easily every year. We make far too many poor baseball decisions and haven't been able to accomplish anything. I'd say that constitutes being terribly run.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                      Ward isn't really a top prospect by any means, cool story though
                      Fisch ol buddy, whats your take on the "Manbeast" Jake Arrieta? I know he cooled last season once hitting AAA, but any thoughts on what this year might entail for him and the big club?

And as much as Matt is godly, Brian Matusz is that and more on the pitching side.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• So with Nathan going down my RP are hurting already.

The best option I can find right now is Franklin Morales. Ugh. Got any recommendations that can be picked off the FA trash heap?

Rauch and Perez are gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          Fisch ol buddy, whats your take on the "Manbeast" Jake Arrieta? I know he cooled last season once hitting AAA, but any thoughts on what this year might entail for him and the big club?

And as much as Matt is godly, Brian Matusz is that and more on the pitching side.
                          Barring injury, there is nothing that's going to hold Jake back from reaching Baltimore this year. Now whether that's as a SP or RP is a different story. I can't imagine they wouldn't give him a chance at starting first, but a lot of people think he's going to end up as a reliever.

Comment

• Shaun Marcum named opening day starter. I knew he was a lock for a rotation spot, however, I had no idea he was thought of this highly by the coaching staff. He only made his spring debut last week after missing all of last season to Tommy John surgery. This was Ricky Romero's competition to lose, and through a quick glance at his spring stats, that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Comment

• Attention:

"Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                                Attention:

Yawn. Let me know when the kid learns how to hit. Defensively, no question, the kid is a stud.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information