No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus. Hunter Wendelstedt is a giant ******* douche and should not be allowed to ump behind the plater. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• Scott Baker has 10 strikeouts through 4.2 innings.

Comment

• 6 ******* errors? Jesus ******* Christ.

Comment

• Mets keep rolling. I like it.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What's sad is the fact the Pirates are two or three games from being the fifth worst team in the majors. Joy.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              6 ******* errors? Jesus ******* Christ.
              i was at the game

it was comical how bad they are

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Mets always give out large 1st round bonuses but that's about it. Our farm has been better than anyone has ever given credit to us though so something is working.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  The Mets always give out large 1st round bonuses but that's about it. Our farm has been better than anyone has ever given credit to us though so something is working.
                  It has this year with Ike and Pelfrey coming around. But the last several years, most of your top guys haven't panned out to be anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Dave Bush is abysmal.
                    Complete sarcasm. Open up the thesaurus...Anything next to "barely a BP pitcher on any AL team" will fit. Bush comes up with a solid outting every four-five starts, so that demoting him would seem foolish. He's a tease, just like the entire Brewers' 2010 team.

That said, I'm riding this wagon for the long haul, win or lose. Still quite awhile before we are in Cubs territory.
                    Last edited by Whistler6; 06-16-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• With an ERA of 7.33 and 12 blown saves, the Diamondbacks’ bullpen has been a nightmare all season. A league-average bullpen would have allowed around 64 fewer runs, which would add 6 more games to the win column. This would have turned the 26-38 record to a respectable 32-32. Looking at the game-by-game breakdown, the bullpen performance appears even worse. There were 6 particularly bad blown saves, and 8 more games where the bullpen turned a tie game into a loss. 11 more times a close game was turned into a blowout. Combining all of this, I estimate the bullpen has already cost the team around 9 wins, so the Diamondbacks could have been 35-29 with an average bullpen.
                      http://dbacksvenom.com/2010/06/15/ho...-diamondbacks/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        It has this year with Ike and Pelfrey coming around. But the last several years, most of your top guys haven't panned out to be anything.
                        Yeah but as you know everyone was killing our farm last year when we had all the injuries. I always said it was better than the media was saying.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah but as you know everyone was killing our farm last year when we had all the injuries. I always said it was better than the media was saying.
                          I just want to mention that I defended the Mets system last year and said they had at least 4 guys that would be considered top 100 and you could argue they had 5 or 6.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• That's why I like you Borat. You going to trade for Prince?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Mainly because Ike has been so much better than most thought. But unless you're willing to trade Mejia, and maybe that's not even enough, I think it's still going to be hard to land a decent pitcher at the deadline.

The people that have been saying look at what the farm system has produced, are referring to a bunch of journeymen and players off the scrap heap that are playing way over their head currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                Mainly because Ike has been so much better than most thought. But unless you're willing to trade Mejia, and maybe that's not even enough, I think it's still going to be hard to land a decent pitcher at the deadline.

The people that have been saying look at what the farm system has produced, are referring to a bunch of journeymen and players off the scrap heap that are playing way over their head currently.
                                How do you figure? Ike has been very good and you have Niese who is pitching like a #3. Tejada has been competent at 2B for a 20 yr old and Pagan has been playing out of this world while still young. Mejia has been ok but that's more because of the role Jerry has him in which is useless. He needs to be sent down immediately. We still have the pieces to land a big SP but if we do that then the farm takes a turn towards crappytown.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information