No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes a lot of that is tied into Pagan's defense. His bat has been like this for almost a full year now so maybe he's figured things out. He very well might turn back into a pumpkin at which he would become a 4th OF bt at this rate he's one of the better CR's in baseball.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      If you're renting Lee, you pay less in prospects. That goes without saying. I'm saying that Lee is the best option to make a run this year. If he walks, so be it.
      The Mariners are asking for a huge return and I'd rather give up more for the other 2 when they are cost controlled for 2+ years. If you told me adding Lee would guarantee a WS ring then yeah I'd have to do it but it doesn't guarantee anything.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's called having balls. If the Mets think that adding Lee + Beltran will get them a WC berth, that should be enough for them to make this investment. Lee can be resigned by NY if they invest the money. I've seen him pitch for my team. He is a stud and is worth paying like a top flight SP. The Mets are a top 5 revenue franchise. They can afford to get him and resign him if the price comes down. And believe me, the price will come down...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I might be willing to deal for Lee, simply because you can get two 1st round picks if he leaves.

But again, the price has to be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            Power, Speed, Good arm, Good enough defensive range to be a CF in the Major Leagues, can hit either lefties or righties well.

Other then that, he's really mediocre.

And for your follow up question:

There are various reports saying that Mariners like Kirk and would want him to be in the package.
            Nieuwenhuis is a lousy defender and he didn't have 20 homers or 20 SB's in his first pro season, and he's not exactly tearing it up this year. I really doubt he's anything more than a fourth outfielder.

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            If you're renting Lee, you pay less in prospects. That goes without saying. I'm saying that Lee is the best option to make a run this year. If he walks, so be it.
            You do not pay less for Lee than you would Haren and Oswalt. Oswalt/Haren have pretty ugly salaries that makes them significantly less valuable, and Lee is worth 2 extra picks in the offseason if not re-signed.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Yes a lot of that is tied into Pagan's defense. His bat has been like this for almost a full year now so maybe he's figured things out. He very well might turn back into a pumpkin at which he would become a 4th OF bt at this rate he's one of the better CR's in baseball.
              There are a lot of CFers I'd rather have over him. I don't care how good his defense is, whether that data is right or not.
              Last edited by Jughead10; 06-17-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• So when Beltran comes back, does Francoeur get benched?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Note about the Mets and the draft: They might be one of the worst drafting teams in baseball. They tend to target low upside college players in the draft. Their lack of gamble and projection, along with below average development, is a big reason why they're not producing a lot of stars out of their farm.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Nieuwenhuis is a lousy defender and he didn't have 20 homers or 20 SB's in his first pro season, and he's not exactly tearing it up this year. I really doubt he's anything more than a fourth outfielder
                    Huh????

And you are basing this on various reports that suggest otherwise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      So when Beltran comes back, does Francoeur get benched?
                      Probably. Some have speculated Beltran might play RF for a bit when he comes back to ease his knees back into things.

Comment

Note about the Mets and the draft: They might be one of the worst drafting teams in baseball. They tend to target low upside college players in the draft. Their lack of gamble and projection, along with below average development, is a big reason why they're not producing a lot of stars out of their farm.
                        That was my point. The Mets seem to have a lot of average looking prospects. Some of who may end up being better than most think. Such as Davis. But when making trades, teams don't want players with average ceilings. They want to take a chance on greatness with a prospect with the fallback being an average player if he doesn't pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                          Huh????

And you are basing this on various reports that suggest otherwise?
                          I don't usually put too much stock into total zone at Minor League Splits, but when it's THAT bad, you kind of take notice to it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Did I miss a memo or something? Is this "pick on the Mets" day? :)

Ok then you guys should trade for these top pitchers if your prospects are so much superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              That was my point. The Mets seem to have a lot of average looking prospects. Some of who may end up being better than most think. Such as Davis. But when making trades, teams don't want players with average ceilings. They want to take a chance on greatness with a prospect with the fallback being an average player if he doesn't pan out.
                              They are routinely panned for filling their farm with college pitchers, so they then have to go buy players like Lee or mortgage their farm for players like Santana. It is just bad organizational strategy. It was bad before Minaya and hasn't improved. That leads me to believe that it is an ownership issue.

Comment

Note about the Mets and the draft: They might be one of the worst drafting teams in baseball. They tend to target low upside college players in the draft. Their lack of gamble and projection, along with below average development, is a big reason why they're not producing a lot of stars out of their farm.
                                That's how Dave Littlefield drafted. I hated it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information